Law against Hate Speech etc etc etc...

Caporegime
Depends which side is being listened to and which side any given person believes to be true.
Well, how about you take a wild stab in the dark and assume that I'm talking about people only listening to problematic things and then doing problematic things.

How are you proposing to force that person to listen to an alternative viewpoint?

Caporegime
no you don't as there's not many people who will physically attack you.

and if they do youve won anyway.

I find things like this almost hilarious.
"You have won anyway"

What exactly did you win a free ticket to hospital?
If someone resorts to violence, you've lost and they won because you are potentially dead.

Caporegime
If north Korea taunts the US to a point where trumpet pressed the button does the world think, oh yeah north Korea certainly beat the US there, totally stood their ground proved their point.

Caporegime

I find things like this almost hilarious.
"You have won anyway"

What exactly did you win a free ticket to hospital?
If someone resorts to violence, you've lost and they won because you are potentially dead.

lol hospital are you joking?

you "win" cause they end up being thrown out, arrested etc, you win because you proved they have no real argument and in 99% of cases your loss is "hmm part of me is a tiny bit sore for a an hour or two"

but if you cha ge who you are and dont use your right to free speech because you're scared some random person is gping to kill you (who the **** do you hang out with?) then thsts your choice

sounds like a ****** life to me though

Caporegime
I certainly do moderate myself. I suppose it depends on the company you keep and how anodyne your dialogue is.

true I suppose I keep quite good company where you can have a near shouting match over politics and in the middle "it's my round you want another" before carrying on after

Soldato

I can be quite annoying, even when I'm not actively trying to be :) The missus gets wound up at least three times a day, and I love her and actively try to not wind her up. Never mind her youngest daughter :D

In fact this whole discussion can be applied to OCUK. Some people are very easily wound up here, and I'm just some random account on the internet. Almost nothing we write here actually matters by any objective measure, yet still people get irritated with each other.

Caporegime
Let them get on with, say, preaching violence which then leads to someone committing acts of violence?

which ius covered by existing laws, how is fining facebook going to help?

as seriously they cannot review each post so will end up automated and thus open to manipulation and lots of legal things will be deleted.

No ones going to jail for this crapm, but it means social media becomes vastly less useful for large portions of the population.

a small group of dedicated complaienrs can have a massive effect ona much bigger majority like what happened with youtube

Caporegime
I can be quite annoying, even when I'm not actively trying to be :) The missus gets wound up at least three times a day, and I love her and actively try to not wind her up. Never mind her youngest daughter :D

In fact this whole discussion can be applied to OCUK. Some people are very easily wound up here, and I'm just some random account on the internet. Almost nothing we write here actually matters by any objective measure, yet still people get irritated with each other.

has your missues ever attempted to kill or hospitalise you?

Caporegime
which ius covered by existing laws, how is fining facebook going to help?

as seriously they cannot review each post so will end up automated and thus open to manipulation and lots of legal things will be deleted.

No ones going to jail for this crapm, but it means social media becomes vastly less useful for large portions of the population.

a small group of dedicated complaienrs can have a massive effect ona much bigger majority like what happened with youtube
YouTube is a hellhole.

I don't see the big deal. This is just a law to ensure that offensive content can be removed. It's all well and good being able to punish someone under an existing law for saying something, but if you have no recourse to remove what they said then it can stay up continuing to cause whatever harm led to it being deemed illegal in the first place.

Caporegime
I dunno how many idiots get stabbed for less than nothing in London every year.
Probably trying to prove their opinion on who owns the swings in the park is more valid than an opposing gang members, for example.
Diverging a bit here :p

Back
Top Bottom