Official Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Thread

Soldato
Wont have played me, dunno what is about the game but nothing makes me was to play it. Played through the story which was average at best and played online a few times but nothing draws me back to play. Played about 6 hours in total and feel like I cant be bothered to play. Played almost 500 hours of SFV and still play most days

Soldato
OP
Wont have played me, dunno what is about the game but nothing makes me was to play it. Played through the story which was average at best and played online a few times but nothing draws me back to play. Played about 6 hours in total and feel like I cant be bothered to play. Played almost 500 hours of SFV and still play most days

I'm the opposite just can't get in to street fighter 5 much preferred the fighting on 4 had 1000's of hours on it but only clocked 100 on sf5 and only play it if I have a friend over now.

I might start playing sf5 again in January if the arcade edition is any good.

Soldato
I'm the opposite just can't get in to street fighter 5 much preferred the fighting on 4 had 1000's of hours on it but only clocked 100 on sf5 and only play it if I have a friend over now.

I might start playing sf5 again in January if the arcade edition is any good.

Yeah I prefer IV aswell. Hopefully they add Marvels netcode to SFV for Super/Arcade/Season 3 or whatever they call it :p

Tried playing Marvel online again a couple of hours ago. Still couldn't find any games :confused: Tried beginners league and casual matches searching for same region and 4+. Tried searching with less restrictions when it popped up saying it couldn't find any games and still no joy :mad:

Soldato
OP
Yeah I prefer IV aswell. Hopefully they add Marvels netcode to SFV for Super/Arcade/Season 3 or whatever they call it :p

Tried playing Marvel online again a couple of hours ago. Still couldn't find any games :confused: Tried beginners league and casual matches searching for same region and 4+. Tried searching with less restrictions when it popped up saying it couldn't find any games and still no joy :mad:

I always search from training room.

Soldato
OP
Tried that first, nothing.

Yeah I not sure then I did see people on the steam forum that couldn't find a match but they were all in remote countries and most of them fixed it by switching the download region in steam settings to a bigger area. Have you made sure your download region is set to uk?

My first match today I searched from the main menu and got match within 2 seconds.

Soldato
just checked my download location. Its set to UK - Manchester so dunno why i cant find games. It found games very fast when I first played it about a week ago but since then I can't find anything :confused:

I'll give reinstalling the game a try cos I don't have issues with any other games

Soldato
This game is haaard. I don't always find a match in beginners league, so moved to playing ranked. I lose probably 90% of my matches though. Feels like everyone just uses characters who can shoot projectiles across the screen. I struggle getting anywhere near them without half my health going with it.

Maybe I just suck at fighting games :o still going to keep trying though :D. Really enjoying using Ryu and Captain Marvel at the moment.

I'm not into the double digit combos yet. Most I can seem to manage is button mashing LP and also (down) HP, LP, LK, HP, HK.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This game is haaard. I don't always find a match in beginners league, so moved to playing ranked. I lose probably 90% of my matches though. Feels like everyone just uses characters who can shoot projectiles across the screen. I struggle getting anywhere near them without half my health going with it.

Maybe I just suck at fighting games :o still going to keep trying though :D. Really enjoying using Ryu and Captain Marvel at the moment.

I'm not into the double digit combos yet. Most I can seem to manage is button mashing LP and also (down) HP, LP, LK, HP, HK.

I feel you man. I found it hard also. Put me off playing online completely. The game is too fast and people online are very competitive. I played one guy the other day, I kept trying new hero's, but he kept using the same one's every time doing the same moves over and over. Was not fun for me.

There is clearly a lack of players, otherwise you would get matched with people of similar skill more often. Like in Street Fighter V it balances out so I win as much as I lose playing online. So it is fun as I stand a chance.

Soldato
OP

Yeah fighting games are really hard when you first start out as nearly everyone else has been playing them for years but the good thing is any effort you put into learning them carries over to other games.

I play from training room and practice my combo's over and over until I find the next match, I got a pretty good thing going now where I can hit them from full screen with a fireball and turn it into a big combo doing 6600 damage with a reset at the end that starts the whole combo again. It's working pretty well got my self to rank 10 now.

The main thing I practiced for the first week is the basic combo light punch, light kick, hard punch, hard kick, then from that you can just add either a special or launcher or tag to carry on the combo.

With captain marvel she has a move called photon barrier where she can jut fly straight through fireballs so maybe try using that if they spamming ya from full screen.

Soldato
So another question here. If I was going to buy a game to play alongside MvCI, which would you get? SFV, MKX or Tekken 7? Something that's generally active with a good range of skill so I'm not constantly whooped.

I feel you man. I found it hard also. Put me off playing online completely. The game is too fast and people online are very competitive. I played one guy the other day, I kept trying new hero's, but he kept using the same one's every time doing the same moves over and over. Was not fun for me.

There is clearly a lack of players, otherwise you would get matched with people of similar skill more often. Like in Street Fighter V it balances out so I win as much as I lose playing online. So it is fun as I stand a chance.

I generally stick with characters I'm attempting to play well with. Feel free to add me to Steam (Spacedeck) and we could play sometime. Maybe you're on my level :D.

Yeah fighting games are really hard when you first start out as nearly everyone else has been playing them for years but the good thing is any effort you put into learning them carries over to other games.

I play from training room and practice my combo's over and over until I find the next match, I got a pretty good thing going now where I can hit them from full screen with a fireball and turn it into a big combo doing 6600 damage with a reset at the end that starts the whole combo again. It's working pretty well got my self to rank 10 now.

The main thing I practiced for the first week is the basic combo light punch, light kick, hard punch, hard kick, then from that you can just add either a special or launcher or tag to carry on the combo.

With captain marvel she has a move called photon barrier where she can jut fly straight through fireballs so maybe try using that if they spamming ya from full screen.

Thanks! I knew about about that move but didn't understand what good it would be for. I'll give this a try next time I'm being spammed in a corner.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I generally stick with characters I'm attempting to play well with. Feel free to add me to Steam (Spacedeck) and we could play sometime. Maybe you're on my level :D.

Thing is, if you see you are on another level to someone and can win with ease, why keep picking the same hero and doing the same thing over and over, not even experimenting with new moves. Why not take the chance to try new hero's and give the other guy a chance also, maybe that way they will stay and play more. I do not like games when it is one sided too much, whether it is winning or losing. It is more fun to have a challenge. But everyone is different I suppose :)

Soldato
Thing is, if you see you are on another level to someone and can win with ease, why keep picking the same hero and doing the same thing over and over, not even experimenting with new moves. Why not take the chance to try new hero's and give the other guy a chance also, maybe that way they will stay and play more. I do not like games when it is one sided too much, whether it is winning or losing. It is more fun to have a challenge. But everyone is different I suppose :)

I get you but considering the amount of loses I have, I don't play well with anyone :p so for me, moving to use a new character will just complicate things more. Also in Ranked matches, it's best of 3. So if you lose twice, the match is over and time to find a new challenger. It would have been nice for crossplay with PS4 users as I'm sure it would even up the playing field more. Due to the nature of competition though, people will always use what they are used to as they want to be the highest rank possible.

Oh and also when you enter a match, you can't change your character until the 2/3 rounds are over.

Soldato
OP
So another question here. If I was going to buy a game to play alongside MvCI, which would you get? SFV, MKX or Tekken 7? Something that's generally active with a good range of skill so I'm not constantly whooped.

Well you can pick up mortal kombat x for around £2 on key sites and there is a lot of single player content well worth picking up at that price. It's around £5 to get the game with all the dlc (10 extra characters and costumes) but the basic one is good enough you still have 20+ characters. The lobby system is quite good so you can see how many matches the others have played and what your odds of beating them are so if there are others on your skill you can see who they are and play with them.

Both tekken and sf5 have regular players of all skill ranges both are good games now just which one you prefer.

Dragon ball fighter z coming early next year people are saying that going to be really good.

Soldato
OP
Marvel isn't really a game where you can just chop and change characters all the time as it's all about character synergy and knowing your characters in and out, if you switch to characters you haven't used it just button mashing no fun at all.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Marvel isn't really a game where you can just chop and change characters all the time as it's all about character synergy and knowing your characters in and out, if you switch to characters you haven't used it just button mashing no fun at all.

I am not suggesting one do this. I am saying if you find someone you are playing and annihilating them (think I found him in a lobby) you should consider doing something other than the same thing over and over again which is what this guy was doing with the same hero's.

I do not button mash by the way. That just makes things worse for me.

Soldato
OP
I am not suggesting one do this. I am saying if you find someone you are playing and annihilating them (think I found him in a lobby) you should consider doing something other than the same thing over and over again which is what this guy was doing with the same hero's.

I do not button mash by the way. That just makes things worse for me.

Think I'm the opposite if I find someone I can beat with one button I will just keep hitting that one button lol.

Reality reality reality reality stone lol

Soldato
OP

They all good choices also you might wanna check out killer instinct on the windows 10 store it's free to play a different character every week and has crossplay with xbox.

Also mk9 has pretty good single player content with the story and the massive tower challenge worth the 99p or whatever it is.

Soldato
Honestly V would be great if they just doubled everyone's health bar, removed crush counters and the 5 frames of built in delay.

Reworking Gief and Ibuki to have some form of tells on their mix ups would be a welcomed addition too, when they get in you are just flipping coins at that point.

Soldato
you know if you have auto combo on, you can just mash lp for a basic combo. my advice is if you dont know what you doing, pick someone one dimensional and easy like hulk and nemesis and stick with them til you understand the game more. and then you branch out to different characters

Back
Top Bottom