Official Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Thread

Soldato
They all good choices also you might wanna check out killer instinct on the windows 10 store it's free to play a different character every week and has crossplay with xbox.

Also mk9 has pretty good single player content with the story and the massive tower challenge worth the 99p or whatever it is.

Picked up Mortal Kombat XL for £7.50 last night, currently installing. In regards to SFV vs Tekken 7. I've watched the gameplay of both and from watching, I think I prefer the look / gameplay style of SFV. I know the number on Steam for SFV doesn't seem to get as many players as Tekken 7, but since SFV has cross play, I assume the playerbase is probably much more healthier than Tekken?

you know if you have auto combo on, you can just mash lp for a basic combo. my advice is if you dont know what you doing, pick someone one dimensional and easy like hulk and nemesis and stick with them til you understand the game more. and then you branch out to different characters

Forgive my noobness but what does you mean by this? I'm guessing the other type of characters are two dimensional? How do you know which characters are what? I thought with these games you just pick and learn a character you like, I just normally avoid those that can do moves using zigzag motion on the stick.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Picked up Mortal Kombat XL for £7.50 last night, currently installing. In regards to SFV vs Tekken 7. I've watched the gameplay of both and from watching, I think I prefer the look / gameplay style of SFV. I know the number on Steam for SFV doesn't seem to get as many players as Tekken 7, but since SFV has cross play, I assume the playerbase is probably much more healthier than Tekken?
In my experience it is. I find it easier to find someone to play on SFV.

I heard Street Fighter 5 Arcade Edition is coming out in a few months. Might be worth waiting and buying that. But then again I also heard current owners may get a free update. Not sure how that will work with regards to fighters as some of mine are still locked.

Currently I have the following fighters installed (ordered in terms of which gets most gameplay):

1- Street Fighter 5 (mainly because I like to do the fight money missions weekly).
2- Tekken 7 (this gets a lot less time these days due to lack of single player stuff to do).
3- Mortal Kombat X (this will probably start getting played more soon).
4- Dead or Alive 5 (Not as fun as it used to be back in the day, still doing story mode slowly).
5- Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. (Now that I have completed story, I do not have much desire to play, but happy to have in my steam collection).

Going to grab Killer Instict I think and Injustice 2 should be here soon. Really hope to see Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter come to Steam also to complete my collection :D

Soldato
Forgive my noobness but what does you mean by this? I'm guessing the other type of characters are two dimensional? How do you know which characters are what? I thought with these games you just pick and learn a character you like, I just normally avoid those that can do moves using zigzag motion on the stick.

it means these characters generally are only good at one thing and one style. for example hulk doesnt have much projectiles or mobility to play keep away, but he has armor on his moves and charge plus a wall jump that goes full screen. it means hulk is realistically only good at charging in close with armored charges and jump and fight up close, hence very one dimensional with his approach and fighting style.

its the same with someone like arhtur, hawkeye or chris, they have no mobility to speak of to open someone up with a mix up or very strong normal moves up close to pressure, so they are only good at staying away and fill the screen with their projectiles, hence again very one dimensional.

where as someone like dante, zero, ultron can do both. they have a lot of projectiles and mobility to do everything and play every style. so they are multi dimensional characters

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Picked up Mortal Kombat XL for £7.50 last night, currently installing.
The story and the living towers are a good place to start and when your ready to play online go into the rooms they have up to 100 people in and you can switch on matchmaking from there and pick and choose who you fight against.

Soldato
what do people do with the controller accessibility options? (all the automatic stuff)

i've turned them all off as it feels like cheating but i'm not sure if thats a mistake - for example i've been reading that the quick super can be activated during another persons super but it doesn't work if you try and input the super normally (if you know what i mean?)

Soldato
I heard Street Fighter 5 Arcade Edition is coming out in a few months. Might be worth waiting and buying that. But then again I also heard current owners may get a free update. Not sure how that will work with regards to fighters as some of mine are still locked.

I've heard about this but what would be different? Even as it's reported on Eurogamer, it sounds like the original game would need to be updated if all players from all editions are still pooled in the same playing field.

Also it hasn't been reported that it will be available for PC? Could it just be S1 and S2 characters on the disc rather than having to download them?

I still have a coupon on Humble which would net me SFV for £17.50 but I have until the 12th to take advantage of that.

Soldato
i turn off everything. they are not really cheat because auto jump messes up my combos and you give up the ability to mash jab for auto combo, and the combo does no damage anyway. i might leave easy super on because thats useful to have

Soldato
OP
what do people do with the controller accessibility options? (all the automatic stuff)
i've turned them all off as it feels like cheating but i'm not sure if thats a mistake - for example i've been reading that the quick super can be activated during another persons super but it doesn't work if you try and input the super normally (if you know what i mean?)
The only one I have on is auto jump, the easy hyper combo does have a use for certain characters to counter situations where normally it would be impossible to activate hyper you can get it out in time. I use nemesis and strange and
their hypers wouldn't help me in them situations so I don't use it.

I've heard about this but what would be different? Even as it's reported on Eurogamer, it sounds like the original game would need to be updated if all players from all editions are still pooled in the same playing field.
Also it hasn't been reported that it will be available for PC? Could it just be S1 and S2 characters on the disc rather than having to download them?

I still have a coupon on Humble which would net me SFV for £17.50 but I have until the 12th to take advantage of that.

No one knows exactly what the arcade edition will bring my guess is it will come with the characters and stages unlocked.

If you buy street fighter 5 now there is a lot of locked stages and characters and costumes, you can do the easy trials and story and character stories and easy survival and watch demonstrations to give you some cash and it will unlock about 6 of the characters. Unlocking any more than this you have to be good enough at the game to beat main story on hard and start beating survival on the normal and hard.

You can log on every week for a free 5000 for doing a simple task but characters being 100000 and stages 70000 it doesn't go far unless you been playing it every week.

Back
Top Bottom