Guild Wars 2

Associate
I was all set for jumping in on Friday and then real life decided that I had to do other things this weekend, but it appears that I haven't missed anything what with the log-in problems and disconnects that other players have been reporting. At least when I'm able to get in there should be a patch to cover the problems and Dulfy will have started her guides.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Well I've spent all weekend only in the first map; I haven't felt I had nothing to do. But I imagine once I've finished doing the bounties there won't be much reason to spend time there.

In HoT each map had some kind of meta event to keep people replaying the content, PoF doesn't seem to have that (again I've only seen the first and a tiny bit of the 2nd map).

But you can't really continue that trend of Metas on every new area as otherwise your playerbase is going to be spread too thin doing multiple overlapping map meta events. It's a difficult balancing act.

What does seem to be lacking is that there seems to be very few 'Adventures', on the entire first map there is only a single adventure, I thought this type of content would have been carried on after being introduced in HoT.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Hi all,

We hope you’re enjoying the launch of Path of Fire. We’ve been in the game with you this weekend, but also, tracking down and hot-fixing the launch issues that have come up. In particular we’ve been working on the connection and story instance creation problems that have been cropping up during peak hours in Europe. I’m writing to give an update on that.

We quickly identified a root problem, a network connectivity issue between a group of game servers and their character database servers, but as we reconfigured the datacenter to avoid that problem, we introduced a configuration error. Now we’ve tracked down that second error. We believe the issue is resolved, but we can’t know for sure until tomorrow’s peak hours. In the meantime, thank you for bearing with us through this, and know that we’re watching closely and ready to jump in if anything else goes wrong.

Mo

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/4556/update-on-instance-creation-failure

Soldato
I didn't realise the base game had gone F2P. Feels pretty solid so far and I think I'm actually enjoying the game more than I thought I would.

Due to being on a F2P account for now, I'm pretty much restricted in certain areas of the game. So if I was to lift these restrictions, would I buy Heart of Thorns, Path of Fire or just stay with a free account?

I'm not sure if it makes sense buying both end game content when I've only just started and it could take me a while before I hit the higher levels. What would you do?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
If you buy PoF you can pick up HoT for a discounted price I believe. Living Story 2 and 3 (equivalent of two mini expansions that lead into HoT and PoF are available on the Gemstore).

Personally I'd just grab both, you'll want to go through HoT, and it's worth it for the Gliding alone!

Just for info storyline wise it goes:

GW2 Main
LS1 Recap (video in game as the LS system worked differently in LS1)
LS2
HoT
LS3
PoF

Soldato
Yes, you have to complete the intro mission to PoF with a character, but once you do, the mounts are unlocked across your whole account, regardless of character level. Same with glider skills in HoT.

Associate
How has everyone found the story? I just finished the other night and I think I enjoyed it more than HOT. Currently working towards a few collections. for my necro. Would be really good to find some others to explore with.

Soldato
I haven't played since close to launch :D is it worth jumping in again now?
I was just going to post this

I pre-ordered GW2 as I played GW so much and had all the expansions.
I played on release and really didn't like it :(

Just looking around and there seems to be more talk of GW2 again.

Is it worth getting into again without any of the expansions now?

I've read lots of mixed reviews about the game with some people saying it's a lot better now compared to release.

Really just want an MMO with the combat of BDO with PVE content/raids etc..

Soldato
It's certainly better than at launch, the latest expansion has added a second subclass in for all classes and a new mount system that if starting from scratch you won't need as the glider is still more than enough. If however you get the expansion you'll get a free 80 boost to use on any class you choose.

I've enjoyed my time playing it here and there throughout this year and still have to work my way through the latest expansion when I've ran out of other games to play, that's what I like about GW2 you aren't left behind compared to other games when a new expansion comes out.

Plus it's still f2p and not p2w, Even starting at level 1 you'll find maps to be full and the events always have other people there.

Associate
I was going to say the opposite. From my experience the game hasn't changed a lot from release. Sure some things have changed but by and large the base game feels the same to me from what I play. Though I tend to do quests, explore the map and do world bosses, I don't really do WvW, PvP, fractals/raids, and I don't own HoT or PoF.

IMO, you've got the base game so give it a bash, that's the one of the great things about GW2 there's not sub so you can jump in and out at will and scratch the GW2 itch. Also you'll have birthday rewards for your characters which will include some level boosts.

Associate
hey, anyone still playing this?

I picked up Heart of thorns for around £9 and started playing a week ago....getting back into it but Meta has changed so much, just currently banging around Verdant Brink....I now have mastered:
Glide & updraft
Magic mushroom bounce ;)
Looking to farm hero points to make my Ele relevant again (can't reset points) :mad:

Anyone fancy dropping on...look me up... Clockwork Droog :D

Associate
Thought as much. Always seen it cheap on there, but even though I don't really play anymore I don't wanna take the risk of my account getting banned.

Back
Top Bottom