• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

Soldato
Anyone had any luck with XMP working? I can't get my memory to post with XMP on, not really sure what I can push my VCCIO and SA to on these chips.

What is the xmp for your memory? I've had no luck but my xmp is 4266.
I belive it was 8pack that said 1.2v was good for anything above 3200mhz, I'll try find his quote.

Currently using 1.2v for each with 1.4v on the memory at 3866. This is on the asus maximus with the tweak set to 2, without that 3600 was all I could manage.

Soldato
What is the xmp for your memory? I've had no luck but my xmp is 4266.
I belive it was 8pack that said 1.2v was good for anything above 3200mhz, I'll try find his quote.

Currently using 1.2v for each with 1.4v on the memory at 3866. This is on the asus maximus with the tweak set to 2, without that 3600 was all I could manage.

3333mhz so nothing extreme like yours. I'll have it a go with both at 1.2. Whats the best memory stability test currently?

Soldato
If we go too many more people hitting 5.2GHz on an AIO with no delid, I can see those who bought a pre-bin sending them back after wasting £150+ on nothing.

Bin not just about clock speed, more about voltage needed to hit 5.1/5.2Ghz.

Reviews look great but not convinced it is worth the ache to switch from a 5.2 7700k.

Associate
If we go too many more people hitting 5.2GHz on an AIO with no delid, I can see those who bought a pre-bin sending them back after wasting £150+ on nothing.

Lets be honest most of us just paid the premium to save waiting two months. I can give up a days wage for that.
Added bonis of a delid as the temps are fantastic.

Soldato
Lets be honest most of us just paid the premium to save waiting two months. I can give up a days wage for that.
Added bonis of a delid as the temps are fantastic.

Agreed, sadly a lot of people who £150 may be half a weeks wage also ended up paying for what turned out to be a de-lidding service, and nothing more.

It's good that you are getting 5.2 though, and at nice low voltage. :)

Associate
When i set 1.4v in the bios at 52 x 100 cpu-z shows it peaking at 1.47 but HWmonitor shows it at the correct voltage?! Is that something i need to tweak the LLC for?

Soldato
Good to hear. I bin very conservative so it's possible with better cooling to go higher. All ocuk 5.1 chips on Kabylake launch could do 5.2.

Mems 3200 io Sa 1.05-1.1
3600 1.1-1.15
4K upto 1.2

^ on almost all my retail chips. Imc strong on these.

To bench I could run 4K c12 1.2 Sa io.

Totally no go with memory on the Aorus 7. The 8pack stuff doesn't do a 2x16gb kit so useless for me.

You said about setting cache to 4.4? I can't seem to find an option for this, my 5ghz appears to be stable at 1.4v atm. temps are all in the 50s during prime.

OcUK Staff
I think auto was fine on the bios I used. No need for llc. It's easy to test anyway. Go in digipower settings and set level 5 then check load volts, then level 6 and so on.

I think if you do set it the next to top level is correct.

Back
Top Bottom