• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

Associate
When i set 1.4v in the bios at 52 x 100 cpu-z shows it peaking at 1.47 but HWmonitor shows it at the correct voltage?! Is that something i need to tweak the LLC for?

I find CPU-Z to be more accurate with volts compared to other programs.

Also, as 8 Pack says, no need to for LLC adjustments on the Hero from what I can see. Auto nicely bumps the voltage in line with load, rather than maintaining a consistent voltage when not under load.

Soldato
I find CPU-Z to be more accurate with volts compared to other programs.

Also, as 8 Pack says, no need to for LLC adjustments on the Hero from what I can see. Auto nicely bumps the voltage in line with load, rather than maintaining a consistent voltage when not under load.

These are my findings also, the hero is looking to be a very decent board.
Rich, when you enabled tweak 2 did you notice it disabled CPU downclocking?

Associate
When i set 1.4v in the bios at 52 x 100 cpu-z shows it peaking at 1.47 but HWmonitor shows it at the correct voltage?! Is that something i need to tweak the LLC for?

I'm running Asus Maximus X Hero too, are you checking VID or Vcore in HWInfo?

Red area is what the CPU is requesting from the mobo for the current clock.
Blue area is what the motherboard is actually giving the CPU.

8WQHmfn.png

Soldato
The more I look at it I think I'm going to just get the 8400/8gigram/cheapo mother board as it's nearly half the price of me going for the unlocked i5 /16gb/half decent board and I probably wont be able to tell the difference. Going to be massive upgrade from my old 3570k anyway.

i7-4790K @ 4.6GHz, DDR3-1866

wow nice improvement then even from old i7.

Associate
Does anyone know of any material I can read into what all this means..

I am entering values from forums and videos. Would like to understand what some of this stuff is! VCCO.. SA is there a guide to modern overclocking?
Stuff was so simple back in the day :p

I'd like to understand the relationship between Vcore and ram speed especially.

Associate
@Prozn
Vcore should always be the most accurate.
You can disregard the VID readings, from what I recall it's just what the CPU is requesting voltage wise, but they have no bearing when overclocking.

Back
Top Bottom