• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

OcUK Staff
Never mind, just seen you've hit 4k on mems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Try loading BIOS defaults and then:

• Input 1.15 for VCCIO / System Agent and 1.4v for memory.
  • Set mem frequency to 3866
  • Manually input your DRAM timings for 4266 (so in my case - 19-19-19-39-2T)
  • leave tweak mode on auto - F10 and save changes.
  • Boot to windows and restart
  • Enter BIOS and change to 4000Mhz - F10 save changes and load into windows
Train at lower value is a decent technique sometimes. This is decent advise.

TJM

TJM

Associate
8Pack, as someone who has applied thermal paste to many 8700Ks already, do you have a preferred method? Pea/grain of rice in the middle or a thin line? I've bought some Thermal Grizzly to use with my Noctua NH-D15. Cheers.

Associate
Did you use liquid metal? I did mine today and have about 25C lower temps on my 8350k. Corsair H80iv2 AIO.

Coollaboratory liquid ultra, 100% metal. Think it should be good enough? Hyper 212 air with a single slow speed fan, as standard really loud. Will pick up a h100i at lunch tomorrow and try it in the evening. My h115i for my build is too long for the case!

Associate
Kryonaut my choice also. I spread thin layer on IHS after heating with hairdryer. Spreads like butter then :).

I wish I'd used the hair dryer... my living room was like a fridge while building and the paste was really tacky :(

The temps seem fine though at least...

Man of Honour
On both Haswell cpu's that I have delidded I used CLU between the die and IHS and Kryonaut between the IHS and waterblock. I don't want the hassle or mess of using liquid metal between the IHS and block. This method gave me a 15-18 degree drop on my 4670k and a whopping 25 degree drop on my 4790k.

Back
Top Bottom