Can't boot with XMP enabled - Z370

Soldato
I hope this is the right place, I wasn't sure if it should be in the motherboard forum.

I've just got my Coffee lake setup built and started to get it setup.

Overclock is stable at 5ghz @ 1.4v on the 8700k

But I can't get XMP to work, every time, even on stock, it refuses to boot and just resets the bios.

The board is a Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...cket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-55t-gi.html
Memory is the Corsair Vengance RGB 3333mhz - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...el-memory-kit-cmr32gx4m2c3333c-my-4az-cs.html

This is my first setup with XMP, so Im a bit of a noob with it.

I've tried manually setting the voltage to the recommended to with no luck.

Thanks

OcUK Staff
Gaming 7 I tested and upto 4000 xmp with my sticks booting. Those look like hynix to me.

I will report to gigabyte now see if we can get this fixed.

Samsung b like on all my sticks are the safest option by far.

Soldato
OP
Gaming 7 I tested and upto 4000 xmp with my sticks booting. Those look like hynix to me.

I will report to gigabyte now see if we can get this fixed.

Samsung b like on all my sticks are the safest option by far.

Cheers for the info 8pack, maybe its worth RMA'ing them and getting some samsung units. Any ideas on good units that are in 2x16gb for simular £££ and have leds :p

RSR

RSR

Soldato
If you run program called "Thaiphoon Burner" you should be able to identify the ram make and model.

Associate
Hello all,

I have report the XMP issue to my HQ to see if they can replicate but this should work, just want to check you are using the latest BIOS (I am sure you are but need to ask) it could be chip related like has been mentioned above. Will ask for it to get test though so to make sure.

Will get back to you soon.

Soldato
OP
Hello all,

I have report the XMP issue to my HQ to see if they can replicate but this should work, just want to check you are using the latest BIOS (I am sure you are but need to ask) it could be chip related like has been mentioned above. Will ask for it to get test though so to make sure.

Will get back to you soon.

Indeed, I'm on F4a now, have tried F2 and F3.

Many thanks for pushing this forward, if you need any more info/testing let me know.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just to follow this up, had some reply's from Gigabyte, and they have tested the memory I have on the board and it works successfully.

They have said its a memory problem, so I've got an RMA on the memory so I can hopefully get a set that is happy on the board.

Back
Top Bottom