Destiny 2

Soldato
Associate
Done every part of the raid apart from the boss now!

Finally got my hunter to 300. Done every weekly etc apart from the raid, bit of a grind!

Last edited:
Soldato
IB just seems to be crucible but limited to control playlist unless I've missed something? The rewards are pretty average and the only minor highlight is the different commentary.

Yup it is literally Quickplay limited to control and with Saladman on comms. Even the light/power advantage is gone leaving it feeling EXACTLY the same...

Rewards are crap (no chance of IB specific drops at the end of games) and the token slot machine is in full effect. Weapons from ranking up (well there is no ranking itself) are mere re-skins of existing models.

Associate
Yup it is literally Quickplay limited to control and with Saladman on comms. Even the light/power advantage is gone leaving it feeling EXACTLY the same...

Rewards are crap (no chance of IB specific drops at the end of games) and the token slot machine is in full effect. Weapons from ranking up (well there is no ranking itself) are mere re-skins of existing models.

Destiny 2 in a nutshell unfortunately. The raid is good fun at least. Lets hope they get it together with updates over time like they did with D1 because at the moment rewards don't feel like rewards, they don't seem to matter, and that is the main part of destiny.

Soldato
Worst part about that is the fact that we will have to wait for updates / DLC's to potentially get the end game back in the position it was in Yr 3 of D1. Regardless of the technical issues behind the scenes (different teams working on different parts etc) to the gamer it feels like a step backwards in many respects. I mean, where are the heroic story and strike playlists that were in D1 from the very start. Ikora's meditations are not a replacement. It is downright bizarre considering all of that content that they spent ages working on is only available to replay IF that mission is on her meditation that WEEK..

Running the raids and NF's with you guys is awesome but the complete lack of meaningful end game (when the first game was criticized for exactly the same thing despite having additional activities - heroics / PVP playlists etc) leaves more and more frustrated.

Associate
Worst part about that is the fact that we will have to wait for updates / DLC's to potentially get the end game back in the position it was in Yr 3 of D1. Regardless of the technical issues behind the scenes (different teams working on different parts etc) to the gamer it feels like a step backwards in many respects. I mean, where are the heroic story and strike playlists that were in D1 from the very start. Ikora's meditations are not a replacement. It is downright bizarre considering all of that content that they spent ages working on is only available to replay IF that mission is on her meditation that WEEK..

Running the raids and NF's with you guys is awesome but the complete lack of meaningful end game (when the first game was criticized for exactly the same thing despite having additional activities - heroics / PVP playlists etc) leaves more and more frustrated.

Yep, like you say, heroic strikes and story are quite a bizarre omission. Also that's where you could get unique loot and exotic quests, all gone but would have taken minimal dev time to incorporate compared to most things. Why did they take exclusive weapons/armour perks away too? Only reason for me to change/grind certain guns/sets, just cosmetic now.

I feel like I'm being a downer on Destiny and I don't want to be because I love the gameplay but 'what were they thinking' I often wonder.

Soldato
The removal of armour and weapon random rolls was purely done for "balance" reasons. Unfortunately in a loot based game fixing rolls only works if you have enough armour and weapons that feel different (I can't think of the right term here). What we have is arguably the worst option. Fixed rolls on a very small number of different feeling weapons and armour that merely looks different without offering any real reason beyond cosmetic on why you would choose one over the other.

The mod system, something that could fix the issues with fixed rolls, is so half baked it may as well not be there. I honestly can't tell the different when gaming on my ability re-gens if I am using the corresponding mods. It is like using Tier 12 vs Tier 11 gear in D1. Yes there was a benefit to the former but the difference was < 5 seconds. Issue being now is that we are at 5 seconds between tier 0 and tier 12.... *sigh*.

Caporegime
The difficulty of Nightfalls is all over the shop. This weeks was easy, last weeks was ridiculously hard, the week before that was easy. Bungie need some consistency.
Yep this weeks was easy as hell, previous weeks it was a struggle getting them done.

This week managed to finish it with 6mins left on the board. Was an absolute cakewalk really.

But decided to have a go at the prestige NF and my god that was near impossible. First run we got to the boss with 30secs left so no chance. 2nd run we got to him with about 2 mins left but couldn’t deal enough damage to finish him off. Didn’t help that I was at 295 and the other 2 were at 305. So we ditched that and did the normal one which we finished with around 6mins left and it was so easy lol. With a couple of drops I’ve gone up to 297 now.

Really need to find time and get a raid in as I haven’t even tried it. Going to post up a game on the 100.io for the weekend and try and at least get the raid out of the way.

Saying that, seems like finishing up the nf with more than 5mins left has started off my rat king quest lol. So really need to get that finished.

Associate
The removal of armour and weapon random rolls was purely done for "balance" reasons. Unfortunately in a loot based game fixing rolls only works if you have enough armour and weapons that feel different (I can't think of the right term here). What we have is arguably the worst option. Fixed rolls on a very small number of different feeling weapons and armour that merely looks different without offering any real reason beyond cosmetic on why you would choose one over the other.

The mod system, something that could fix the issues with fixed rolls, is so half baked it may as well not be there. I honestly can't tell the different when gaming on my ability re-gens if I am using the corresponding mods. It is like using Tier 12 vs Tier 11 gear in D1. Yes there was a benefit to the former but the difference was < 5 seconds. Issue being now is that we are at 5 seconds between tier 0 and tier 12.... *sigh*.

Ye I wouldn't mind the fixed weapons as much if they had more archetypes and damage/rpm tiers or just original perks for most weapons. It's the taking away of raid perks on weapons and armour + IB centric perks + trials perks/adept weapons etc. They were the reason to get them. Now we get 'mobility' etc which means nothing as you say.

Things may change but if they do it will be next September because this next years stuff may well be set in stone.

Back
Top Bottom