**The Official Star Wars Battlefront II Thread (PC)**

Caporegime
Really don't know how anyone can find this game to be fun, first one I can understand, heck I find the first game extremely fun (even more than bf 1) but this just feels so lifeless.....

Either way, even if you find it good/fun, you shouldn't be supporting pay to win games like this, just going to make future games more like this or even worse..... Saying that, hopefully very few people will actually buy loot crates and this alone will send a message to dice/ea to not try this **** again and to go back to dlc/premium instead.

Man of Honour
Really don't know how anyone can find this game to be fun, first one I can understand, heck I find the first game extremely fun (even more than bf 1) but this just feels so lifeless.....

Either way, even if you find it good/fun, you shouldn't be supporting pay to win games like this, just going to make future games more like this or even worse..... Saying that, hopefully very few people will actually buy loot crates and this alone will send a message to dice/ea to not try this **** again and to go back to dlc/premium instead.

Everyone finds different stuff fun. I play a wide variety of titles, this is fun for me. In a braindead, run and gun sort of way. As for not buying it because of not supporting pay to win..that wont stop me. I dont really give two bags of **** how the industry goes in the long run. I play for fun thats all. If there was no gaming in my life , my life wouldnt be worse off. At the end of the day, I will buy any game which I find fun. If I dont find it fun, I dont buy it, but no other reason is going to stop me from having something that I think is fun. Which is why I will buy this and why I will also buy Shadow of War (as well as South Park and Destiny 2...expensive few weeks ! :D )

Associate
Everyone finds different stuff fun. I play a wide variety of titles, this is fun for me. In a braindead, run and gun sort of way. As for not buying it because of not supporting pay to win..that wont stop me. I dont really give two bags of **** how the industry goes in the long run. I play for fun thats all. If there was no gaming in my life , my life wouldnt be worse off. At the end of the day, I will buy any game which I find fun. If I dont find it fun, I dont buy it, but no other reason is going to stop me from having something that I think is fun. Which is why I will buy this and why I will also buy Shadow of War (as well as South Park and Destiny 2...expensive few weeks ! :D )

That's fair enough, just some people are against these poor businesses practices and will vote with their wallet. Whether it will be enough for EA etc to change their ways I doubt it. Just another notch the bar has lowered.

Man of Honour
That's fair enough, just some people are against these poor businesses practices and will vote with their wallet. Whether it will be enough for EA etc to change their ways I doubt it. Just another notch the bar has lowered.

In an ideal world, enough people would vote with their wallet and in a way, in this example many will. Not necessarily because of the loot crates but because the game isnt well received, but imagine if Witcher 4 came out (and was up to Witcher 3 standards) and had loot crates...would people be so eager to vote with their wallets? Probably not because of the quality of the title and the desire to play it.

We are already seeing an example of this with more people willing to buy Shadow of War anyway. Agree or disagree with the concept of them, ultimately if the title is good enough most gamers will overlook goodie boxes because of their want to play the game (even more so if lots of other people are playing, as many gamers are quite peer pressure orientated and absolutely hate "missing out").

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I enjoy the log on, run and gun with some kill streaks!

I've enjoyed the BETA quite a bit, so much so if the price drops before launch i'll purchase... No way I'm paying £50 for it!

I agree with you on this, I enjoyed the beta for the run and gun brainlessness of it and I will be buying it, but its not worth £50, which is why I will buy it for £35 from cdkeys.

Soldato
I enjoyed the beta of the first one, and that cost me £35 for 45 minutes of gameplay before realising that nothing had been fixed from the 'beta' and not bothering again. Think I'll give this one a miss and leave the fans to their pavement pigeons.

Soldato
I'm not surprised about the lootbox system, as if you've played games such as Star Wars: The Old Republic which has Galactic Command that basically you RNG your gear from lootboxes and you have to be a subscriber, also the Cartel Packs that you pay for cosmetic items but they're on an RNG role, or if you've played Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes which the whales will be ahead for a few weeks whilst the free to play catch up, then you could see a future trend coming in EA games, as those two games alone have proven to EA that people will pay a lot of money to be ahead of others or for cosmetic items.

If you don't mind the system then obviously purchase the game and if you don't then don't buy it or wait for it to come out on Origin Access (or whatever it's called).

For me like i've mentioned before, i'm waiting 2 - 4 months to see what the general consensus is, and i never played the beta as i wasn't interested, i'm more interested in how the state of the game is a few months after launch.

Last edited:
Associate
I was really up for this and was keen to jump in for some space battles but came off after 15 minutes of getting annoyed with how the ships handle. It might be a setting I'm missing but there seemed to be a lag between me moving my mouse and the ship turning. After studying it I found the crosshair moved until it hit an "edge" then the ship would move. This made it completely unplayable for me. I noticed on some of the YouTube videos that people were blowing themselves up by pulling up to late and hitting the big ships, I know why now. It takes a second for the ship to catch up with your movement.

Caporegime
I was really up for this and was keen to jump in for some space battles but came off after 15 minutes of getting annoyed with how the ships handle. It might be a setting I'm missing but there seemed to be a lag between me moving my mouse and the ship turning. After studying it I found the crosshair moved until it hit an "edge" then the ship would move. This made it completely unplayable for me. I noticed on some of the YouTube videos that people were blowing themselves up by pulling up to late and hitting the big ships, I know why now. It takes a second for the ship to catch up with your movement.

Yup space combat was awful, I would actually say it felt worse than the first one in terms of the flying feel. It really does puzzle me how some people/youtubers are ranting and raving about how good the aircraft/space combat is :confused: Saying that, these guys weren't exactly good at bf 3/4 aircraft play, which had a huge skill ceiling......

Soldato
I enjoyed the beta of the first one, and that cost me £35 for 45 minutes of gameplay before realising that nothing had been fixed from the 'beta' and not bothering again. Think I'll give this one a miss and leave the fans to their pavement pigeons.

It's pavement doves.. get it correct please or the star wars nerds will have a nervous breakdown

Associate
Played the beta and kind of enjoyed it but feel it offers nothing in the way of team/squad play really. I can run and gun with the best of of them and seem to end up in the top 3 without fail, but beyond having a quick game on my own can't see the longevity. Playing with a friend we may as well have been in different games tbh, infact at one point because we weren't in a party we were split up and it took us about 10 mins to even realise

Associate
Yup space combat was awful, I would actually say it felt worse than the first one in terms of the flying feel. It really does puzzle me how some people/youtubers are ranting and raving about how good the aircraft/space combat is :confused: Saying that, these guys weren't exactly good at bf 3/4 aircraft play, which had a huge skill ceiling......

Yeh, I played the Beta for the first one and whilst I didn't exactly love how the ships handled at least I could move my mouse and the ship would move accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom