Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR 4 3000 MHz

Associate
I'm having some issues with my Gigabyte (@GIGA-Man) Z370 Gaming 7 and the Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3000 MHz RAM. First of all I am unable to change the colour of the RGB strip either through the corsair link software or the RGB fusion software. Secondly I am getting significantly lower than expected read and writes for the RAM using AIDA64.

Memory Read: 10829 MB/s (equivalent of DDR3-1333)
Memory Write: 10750 MB/s (equivalent of DDR3-2133)
Latency: 60.9 ns

Using AIDA64 5.92.4300

I have installed the most recent BIOS update F4a and activated the XMP profile for the RAM to increase the speed to 3000 MHz. I also have the issue that one of the light strips is not as bright as the other. I've tried placing the DIMMS into different sockets (1,3 and 2,4) and neither seem to have a difference on these issues.

Finally after updating the BIOS to F3 the RGB fusion on the board itself has stopped being responsive to any software outside of the BIOS, but upgrading to F4a hasn't solved this either.

Does anyone have any advice?

Soldato
I've got the same memory but the 3333mhz version and board.

I can't get XMP enabled to boot at all. Yet its in the supported memory documentation in the 4x16 set.

I'm going to contact gigabyte as I think there is a bios problem.

Associate
In regards to the RGB Fusion software, are you using a fresh install of the software? Can you both let me know the exact model names of the memory and I will get this tested ASAP.

Thanks

Associate
OP
A
Okay, I will report this ASAP and get back to you.

Also having issues communicating with the board on any version of the BIOS to control the RGB lighting within windows, although can create a static layout through the BIOS options. No control over the Corsair RAM as well. I’ve tried reinstalling the Intel ME driver, and will try a reinstall of the whole Gigabyte suite this evening.

Associate
OP
I've got the same memory but the 3333mhz version and board.

I can't get XMP enabled to boot at all. Yet its in the supported memory documentation in the 4x16 set.

I'm going to contact gigabyte as I think there is a bios problem.

Waso-dude is your RGB fusion working correctly with the RAM? (Or can Corsair link see it?)

Soldato
Waso-dude is your RGB fusion working correctly with the RAM? (Or can Corsair link see it?)
Nope, I hadn't tested it until now, as the gigabyte software changed the LED colours for me lol.

My memory is:
CMR32GX4M2C3333C16

This model is in the supported list for the board but in the 4x16gb version not the 2x16gb.

I also have an open support ticket if of much help Gigaman ID: 453914

Associate
Nope, I hadn't tested it until now, as the gigabyte software changed the LED colours for me lol.

My memory is:
CMR32GX4M2C3333C16

This model is in the supported list for the board but in the 4x16gb version not the 2x16gb.

I also have an open support ticket if of much help Gigaman ID: 453914

I see you have started another thread... I have replied on that one to keep them separate.

Associate
OP
I have fully reinstalled the gigabyte suite and uninstalled and reinstalled the intel ME to ensure that it is able to communicate with the board, but unfortunately neither has made it so that the RGBs in either the board or the RAM can be addressed or changed. Also the RAM is not showing a serial number of date of manufacture.

Associate
Hello Dr Delphi,

Sorry I have been away for a few days, okay for the RGB fusion software. Just to be clear none of the colours are changing or only the Corsair RAM will not change? Also we are looking into the memory and I have just noticed there seems to be a digit missing from the one you reported.

CMR16GX4M2C3000C1 should be CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 .... correct?

Associate
Would it be possible for you to let me know the revision too? The chips can change and I want to make sure we are using the exact same versions for testing. If it's easy for you to take a photo of the memory label do that as it will give us all the info we need.

Associate
OP
Hello Dr Delphi,

Sorry I have been away for a few days, okay for the RGB fusion software. Just to be clear none of the colours are changing or only the Corsair RAM will not change? Also we are looking into the memory and I have just noticed there seems to be a digit missing from the one you reported.

CMR16GX4M2C3000C1 should be CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 .... correct?

Hi @GIGA-Man thanks for getting back to me, it is that all the RGB will not change, including the RAM. I will attach the information and revision for the RAM to this post.

CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
DDR4 16GB(2x8GB) 3000MHz 15-17-17-35 1.35V ver 3.32

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This is what I see when I am looking at the RGB fusion application, all the options for basic are greyed out, in advanced I can click but nothing changes on the board, and the RAM isn't seen as a peripheral. Clicking to turn off and turn on the RGB at the top isn't affecting the board either, and no intelligent aspects are working. Latest F4a BIOS and all firmware updates that the app center have asked for are installed.

jRbzUIe.png

Associate
That's really strange, I will look into the it, could be possible we need to RMA the board. You have said you did a total re-install with fresh copy of windows. I am at a loss to explain why its all greyed out... Let me ask around if not we might need to have a look.. sorry...

Oh, in regards to the memory, yes that really helps will jump on it now for you and get back to you ASAP.

Associate
OP
Brilliant thanks, let me know about the board as its not stopping me using the PC obviously, but a loss of the board for any period of time could really impact my work.

Back
Top Bottom