Last of Us remastered [Advice]

Soldato
Hey all,

i recently started playing last of us for the first time. on PS4 Pro
i got to the bit where
you crash your pickup into a building and get jumped

my question is does the game get any better from here?
i'm playing on Easy because i just wanted a good story.The story seems good, but the actual game play seems far below what i expected. everyone says this is a masterpiece,
but if that's the case please tell me what i'm missing?

the main issues i'm having are
  • Constant quick time events (jumped on by zombies)
  • Clickers teleportation to eating my neck.
  • Guns don't do Much damage at all

The Immersion bugs:
  • Ellie literally running through hoards Clickers when I've successfully crouched around them all.

• Ellie is always Miles behind

• when you try to go through a gap you can't 10 seconds later you characters teleports out of the way & Ellie walks through, then you can walk through

• The Chain link bug, it says Hold Triangle. but it doesn't work you have to press triangle left go & hold it again.

are these bugs Just on the remaster?, does the gameplay get any better?
at the moment i just feel like watching the cinematics. but i feel like i'm missing out on something really good?

Man of Honour
I've never been one to follow the hype on the story of The Last of Us (it's on par with an average film), but the gameplay itself is really well tuned.

I really enjoyed and highly recommend playing on higher difficulties where ammo, tactics, traps and health becomes a real concern, but the way Ellie behaves is always immersion breaking unfortunately.

Soldato
I've never been one to follow the hype on the story of The Last of Us (it's on par with an average film), but the gameplay itself is really well tuned.

I really enjoyed and highly recommend playing on higher difficulties where ammo, tactics, traps and health becomes a real concern, but the way Ellie behaves is always immersion breaking unfortunately.

Basically this, the story is decent but the gameplay is great on higher difficulties. The Ellie thing is a real pet peeve of mine and I really hope they've fixed it for the sequel.

Soldato
Great game, but I also never understood all the hype for it, that's not to say it's one of the best games of last gen and the remaster looks great. Just purchased this on on PSN in the sale.

I would also suggest you at least play it on normal difficulty.

Soldato
Ellie’s actions (running about while you are stealthing) are the Limitations of co operative AI unfortunately.

Great atmosphere and story. One of my favourites.

Soldato
I'm currently re-playing this on PS4 pro. When I first played this on PS3 I was a bit underwhelmed by it. I think I was waiting for it to turn into Uncharted for some reason. It wasn't until the last couple of hours that I realised just how good it was and it felt like I had wasted it. Second time round I'm really enjoying it.

Soldato
I loved it and feel it was a perfect game in all aspects played PS3 and ps4 remaster, that being said if you don't like it by that point I don't think it's for you.

Soldato
The story per se isn't anything original but it's the character creation, dialogues and all the little moments that leave most other stuff in the dust.

As for the gameplay, Hard and up is the proper way to enjoy the game.

Caporegime
The characters are what really makes this game stand out, you actually start to care what happens to them, it's a master piece in that respect.

Gameplay is solid, story is good imo, character building is the best i've ever seen. It's one of my favourite games ever.

As above playing on the harder difficulties makes the gameplay shine, having to scavenge for every bullet etc.

I'm currently re-playing this on PS4 pro. When I first played this on PS3 I was a bit underwhelmed by it. I think I was waiting for it to turn into Uncharted for some reason. It wasn't until the last couple of hours that I realised just how good it was and it felt like I had wasted it. Second time round I'm really enjoying it.

I tried to play it on PS3 and the combination of the frame rate and the PS3 pad quickly turned me away from it. So glad I picked up the remaster on PS4.

Soldato
What were your favourite and frustrating parts?
Character themselves and bond they built up, was one early part going through the building in the dark exiting on a street having to avoid clickers.

Another favourite part was the opening itself, was so dark a grim I felt drew allot of emotion instantly.

I loved elle dlc too, least favourite part was the fight in the school and how in the end was a big gun fight

Associate
I started it on easy after only recently buying a PS4 (I really suck with aiming on controller) and quickly found myself with way too much ammo and able to take down hordes of enemies with ease but if you crank up the difficulty it becomes a different game. Playing with the bare minimum ammo and supplies really helps with immersion, you have to be sneaky. Loved it once it got going, couldn't put it down.

Soldato
I started on normal over the weekend, just abandoned that play through as I think I should try hard as I have already played the original on PS3 on normal and a lot seem to recommend hard with listen mode off.

Caporegime
Playing it on easy mode would make it pretty crap. I'm surprised you can even die on that mode.

I played it on PS3 on Hard and PS4 Remastered on 'Grounded' difficulty.

Soldato
the main issues i'm having are
  • Constant quick time events (jumped on by zombies)
  • Clickers teleportation to eating my neck.
  • Guns don't do Much damage at all

Here's your problems :
  • You're letting zombies jump on you
  • You're letting clickers eat your neck
  • You're using guns
YW :>

Soldato
OP
Here's your problems :
  • You're letting zombies jump on you
  • You're letting clickers eat your neck
  • You're using guns
YW :>
The issue I'm having clickers teleporting.
For example when you push the car. They didn't even run at me they jumped from standing position to my neck. Clickers are repeatedly doing this in my game.

LzR

LzR

Associate
The issue I'm having clickers teleporting.
For example when you push the car. They didn't even run at me they jumped from standing position to my neck. Clickers are repeatedly doing this in my game.
I've completed the game several times and not once have i had a clicker or anything else do this. Regards the game itself, it relies on tension and the need to sneak around to get the best out of it, playing it on easy removes this aspect and pretty much spoils the enjoyment and atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom