**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
If anyones interested, the black shirt people have now listed the pixels on their website.

Great for perkbox users with the 8% discount.

Thanks. I qualify for that discount so the phone just became a lot more appealing.

I wonder why they list the warranty as 1 year when the Google Store states 2.

EDIT: I had a live chat with someone from the Google Store and they confirmed that phones ordered from an authorised reseller have a 2 year warranty:

Erol
2:31 PM
The two year warranty will be with us and the retailer thewanted.

thewanted
XYZ.co.uk are stating that the Pixel 2 phones have a 1 year warranty which is why I'm concerned.

Erol
No they have 2 year warrant don't worry.

Last edited:

GeX

GeX

Soldato
Just Black 64GB non XL ordered. 64GB is double the space I had on my Nexus and S6, and £629 is already pushing the limits of what wanted to spend on a phone!

Soldato
Pretty annoying the XL pandaguin is now "sign up to wait list". Darnit Google! I want to wait for REVIEWS before ordering, not this blind pre-order nonsense! :mad::mad::mad:

Soldato
Thanks. I qualify for that discount so the phone just became a lot more appealing.

I wonder why they list the warranty as 1 year when the Google Store states 2.

EDIT: I had a live chat with someone from the Google Store and they confirmed that phones ordered from an authorised reseller have a 2 year warranty:

Just to add to this, I developed a issue with my original Pixel, I spoke with a google support rep in the settings app, they asked where I got it from and I stated carphone warehouse and they got me a repair sorted. Totally turn around was 4 days, I did however have to send the old phone back first, but as soon as they received it they shipped out a brand new phone.

Caporegime
I don't know how you guys are getting google to give pixels for 5x/6p returns despite having bought from CPW etc. I've tried live chat a few times now and they don't budge at all. Pretty infuriating to say the least as my nexus 5x battery is draining badly now and will no doubt face the inevitable bootloop issue despite not even being 2 years old..... TBH, the way google have handled the 5x and the bootloop issue has been extremely poor, essentially they have just shafted us of to LG only for LG to send back devices and have said devices bootloop a few months down the line.......

Soldato
I don't know how you guys are getting google to give pixels for 5x/6p returns despite having bought from CPW etc. I've tried live chat a few times now and they don't budge at all. Pretty infuriating to say the least as my nexus 5x battery is draining badly now and will no doubt face the inevitable bootloop issue despite not even being 2 years old..... TBH, the way google have handled the 5x and the bootloop issue has been extremely poor, essentially they have just shafted us of to LG only for LG to send back devices and have said devices bootloop a few months down the line.......

They gave me by full £580 back for my 6p!

Soldato
My pixel 1 that I dropped in the river came from EE called Google and said it was not working (might have forgot to mention the river) sent it in and 3 days later got a brand new boxed one :)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I was just thinking the same thing. I still have my N6P, its still working and no sign of the dodgy battery issues. I so should have sold it, are they still worth anything?!

Back
Top Bottom