Recommend me a point and shoot.

Associate
Hey all,

So I've been wanting to sort my Mum out with a decent digital camera for a while after her Nikon broke a couple of years ago. I'm looking for something around the £150-£200 mark tops but could possibly stretch a little higher if it makes a difference in quality.

I know that a lot of phone cameras are getting better however she has an older model Moto G with a not so great camera, plus she isn't a fan of smart phones. Hence looking for a point and shoot camera.

I'm not much of an expert so website telling me about ISO and MP don't mean a great deal to me, just looking for something that takes a good photo! I've been looking at Canon cameras in this price range but I don't know if they're any good!

Thanks for your time folks!

Associate
OP
300 is definitely a little too far to be honest. The three that I've narrowed it down to are the Lumix DMC-TZ60 and the Canon SX620. Are either of these better than the other?

Some of the details:

Canon: Lens Apeture f/3.2 f/6.9 - 20.2 Megapixels - 1/2.3 type back-illuminated CMOS sensor

Lumix: Lens Apeture f/3.3 f/6.4 - 18.1 Megapixels - High Sensitivity MOS sensor

I'm not entirely sure what these equate to in terms of quality/versatility I just want to make sure that I get the better of the two.

Associate
for that sort of budget i would add the sony hx50 to the mix. I've got one, it is very capable and the 30x optical zoom is a beast. For a little more you can have the hx60 which is nicer still.

Back
Top Bottom