Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
I like the Velar, but as soon as you add a decent level of spec (like the ones advertised), it immediately overtakes the RR Sport in price...

Soldato
Front of the Velar and interior looks awesome but the back and them ridiculous cheap looking fake exhausts just spoil it and make it look cheap.
Don't see the point in it tbh it sits between the Evoque and the RR Sport but as someone has just stated start speccing one up and your talking RR Sport money so you might aswell just get that. And most who pay on the monthly for there poverty spec Evoque could probably not afford one so don't see where the clientele is going to be for it.

Soldato
Range Rover sport has moved up a bit in price with the 2018 updates.

Average evoque sale is £38k and Range sport £68k so this is that £30k bandwidth and hence it’s pretty much the Q5 offering between Q3 and Q7 or the X3 between X1 and X5.

Just been out at night. Headlamps are incredible although my lad needs to work on his photos.... not sure if the lasers were on either as need to be over 50mph and no Street lights or cars

xu7xace.jpg

XTLBTnW.jpg

The exhaust are not fake, they are what’s called integrated and are supposed to be more premium than under hung ones. They just don’t tend to be connected due to heat from the exhaust melting the bumper, the vibrations transmitting into sound and the thermal growth of the exhaust as it heats up.

Wheel articulation data is pretty cool.

NKh3dhy.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not connected = fake. :p

Also I have to agree styling wise, it just looks like a big shiny lump. Interior looks awesome.

Those headlights are incredible. Absolutely incredible... Almost too bright! I wish I could have lights like that. Though I wouldn't want to meet it coming the other way! :(

mjt

mjt

Soldato
So where does the Velar sit in the range?
I asked the bloke from JLR the same thing in Geneva and wasn't sold by his response. Something to do with a more street-oriented car than the RRS.

Whatever though. After seeing the tech in those pics I think it's ruddy brilliant!

daz

daz

Soldato
It's a lot more car-like than the RRS. You sit much lower down.

As above, I found it looked good but lacked a real quality feel or touch. At £50-60K this would be a great option, but I was really struggling on the configurator to get anything under £65K that was equipped like its competitors.

Soldato
I asked the bloke from JLR the same thing in Geneva and wasn't sold by his response. Something to do with a more street-oriented car than the RRS.

Whatever though. After seeing the tech in those pics I think it's ruddy brilliant!

From what Jonny has said it's more X3/Q5 territory.

I'm not an SUV fan at all, but I must say it looks bloomin' marvellous. Tech is impressive and it looks to have a very high quality fit and finish

Back
Top Bottom