BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Thinking of changing my chrome grilles to M Performance gloss black grilles.....opinions?

grille-chrome.jpg

grille-black.png

Soldato
After just over 1000 miles in the M135i and I'm very impressed so far, ride is a little harsher at low speeds than my previous (VW Scirocco) but everything else is better!

I'm still getting used to the handling characteristics, my only previous RWD high(ish) power being a 200SX I owned 7+ years ago, the car is definitely setup to understeer more rather than neutral or oversteer but there are some fixes for this I'm looking into (M4 LCA, higher front tyre pressures)

One thing I am truly amazed by is the fuel efficiency of it, I've averaged 33.8 which is comparable to the Scirocco (2.0 TSI) I had before

Soldato
After just over 1000 miles in the M135i and I'm very impressed so far, ride is a little harsher at low speeds than my previous (VW Scirocco) but everything else is better!

I'm still getting used to the handling characteristics, my only previous RWD high(ish) power being a 200SX I owned 7+ years ago, the car is definitely setup to understeer more rather than neutral or oversteer but there are some fixes for this I'm looking into (M4 LCA, higher front tyre pressures)

One thing I am truly amazed by is the fuel efficiency of it, I've averaged 33.8 which is comparable to the Scirocco (2.0 TSI) I had before

Do you have adaptive M suspension?

Soldato
Do you have adaptive M suspension?

No, I've heard countless people say it's a must have option, but having test driven a car with it, I wasn't that impressed. Comfort was only only marginally softer than non adaptive and sport was too harsh for road use

Soldato
Quick question. Buyer coming to pick up my 640d shortly. The warranty is due to expire this month, if I don't renew, I'm assuming the buyer can still renew (but presumably it has to have a check or something similar first)?

Soldato
No, I've heard countless people say it's a must have option, but having test driven a car with it, I wasn't that impressed. Comfort was only only marginally softer than non adaptive and sport was too harsh for road use

Same, my car has standard suspension too. Not overly bothered about not having adaptive. I think my car has all the options I'd have spec'd if I bought it new so I'm happy with mine :)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Some penis face taxi driver went in to the back of me already :(

Sitting on Broad street 2nd in the queue at temporary lights. Light goes green, fella in front creeps forward a couple metres and stops, I creep and stop, muppet behind me didn't bother stopping.

Bumper has only popped out the wheel arch by a few mil but it is quite badly scuffed.

Not too bad but what a ball ache :( I'm staying at the hospital with my son in NICU whilst going back and forth to work between Birmingham and Leicester, plus going back home a couple hours a day to finish the house - the last thing I need is to take time out to get this crap sorted :(

On the plus side, the car has been getting a real test of heavy workloads, quick city driving, fast cpuntry lanes & high speed motorway driving and I am coming to the conclusion this may be the best handling car I've owned (even tighter than my M5) - but I won't confirm that claim just yet, need a little longer.

I'll do a wrote up of the suspension at some point soon to see if I can explain how this 4 wheel steering and adaptive roll bars / dampers make this 5 estate feel like driving an extremely well built punto

Last edited:
Caporegime
Some penis face taxi driver went in to the back of me already :(

Sitting on Broad street 2nd in the queue at temporary lights. Light goes green, fella in front creeps forward a couple metres and stops, I creep and stop, muppet behind me didn't bother stopping.

Bumper has only popped out the wheel arch by a few mil but it is quite badly scuffed.

Not too bad but what a ball ache :( I'm staying at the hospital with my son in NICU whilst going back and forth to work between Birmingham and Leicester, plus going back home a couple hours a day to finish the house - the last thing I need is to take time out to get this crap sorted :(

On the plus side, the car has been getting a real test of heavy workloads, quick city driving, fast cpuntry lanes & high speed motorway driving and I am coming to the conclusion this may be the best handling car I've owned (even tighter than my M5) - but I won't confirm that claim just yet, need a little longer.

I'll do a wrote up of the suspension at some point soon to see if I can explain how this 4 wheel steering and adaptive roll bars / dampers make this 5 estate feel like driving an extremely well built punto

Random aside, Leicester NICU?

Associate
Hi guys,

Picking up a 2014 530d (26,000 miles) at some point this week. Is there any preventative measures I should be taking? Last diesel BMW I had I removed the swirl flaps and seem to vaguely remember a couple of other bits and bobs I did as a precaution.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom