Cracked glass - no drop, options?

Associate
I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this. I have an iPhone 7 it has spent it's life in a case and it's had a couple of minor drops before but always remained in its case.

The other week I went to bed set my alarm and woke up to this. My phone had a hairline crack in the screen. I dismissed this as unfortunate and was going to sell it and get an iPhone X in a months time.

My friend today said Apple may do something on the warranty. Im a bit skeptical about this but what are people's thoughts?

Pictures of the phone, edge of phone and the case I use. Difficult to get the crack since its rather tiny.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
they propbly get people trying it on all the time. cant imagine they would believe that old chesnut. I broke my samsung s8 in my pocket, took it out and it was cracked, not sure how it happened but must have walked into something like a table during the day.

Associate
Single hairline cracks with no sign of a drop are usually fixed for free if under warranty. This was the case with my 6S anyway - the guy in the apple store, looked at it, said if I look at it from the right light it qualifies and he sorted it. Worth checking if youre close to a store.

Associate
OP
My local store just looked at it said there was more than a single crack and apologised offered a repair for £150 and sent me on my way. Considering the average selling price of even a semi decent condition one was around £450 I ended up selling it on Ebay for £360 and picking up an Iphone X.

Back
Top Bottom