Detectorists

Soldato
I've watched it since the first episode. I love it. It's very clever with lots of subtleties and absolutely beautiful photography. We need more like this.

Associate
OP
Slightly dissapointed with the Christmas special, didn't quite have the same charm as the previous episodes. Oh well, still put a calming smile on my face.

Associate
A wonderful, subtle comedy... it would be nice to see more, but it could be hard to sustain and keep its gentle character. I agree about edrof's coment on the photography, it really is beautiful.

I like to buy the series, but no Blu Ray's, only bloody DVD's :( will likely still get it, but a shame we don't get it on the best format.

Calling it 'gentle' etc doesn't do it justice BTW... that makes it sound like Last of the Summer Wine or some such crap, and its certainly nothing like that... this is quality writing.

Caporegime
Dragging this back up because I watched both seasons and the Christmas special last week on Netflix. A brilliant little series, very well written and the cast are first class.

If you're thinking, "I'm not going to watch that, it will be a boring show about metal detectors detectorists" then you're missing out.

Soldato
Caged;30475738 said:
Dragging this back up because I watched both seasons and the Christmas special last week on Netflix. A brilliant little series, very well written and the cast are first class.

If you're thinking, "I'm not going to watch that, it will be a boring show about metal detectors detectorists" then you're missing out.

Nothing boring about the Mud Sharks!!!!!

Mercenary Keyboard Warrior;30475830 said:
Its looking more likely that this will get a 3rd season now that it was at some point
As it has to be filmed in the summer I guess its got to be agreed fairly soon

Lovely part of the country suffolk, but I may be a little biased ;)

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-12-22/toby-jones-hints-at-detectorists-series-three-plans

Cracking news :)

Soldato
Great news! I'm sad it's the final series but also happy. It's such high quality that the longer it goes on the more it gets watered down. Really really looking forward to it though :)

What with Plebs filming Series 4 at the moment allegedly, I'm going to be spoilt this Autumn :D

Associate
Great news! I'm sad it's the final series but also happy. It's such high quality that the longer it goes on the more it gets watered down. Really really looking forward to it though :)

I feel the same... its so perfect I would hate them to take it too far. I have faith MC will keep the standard up for this last outing.

We've watched the box set twice in the last few months and it doesn't lose its charm.

At the Mid Devon show last week there was a stall of local detectorist 'EDMDC' I think, with their table of finds (yes, including buttons ;) ) We wern't going to bring the subject of the series up, but they did straight away... they said their club is just like the DMDC. It made me want to join :D

Associate
OP
Great news guys!

Starting on November 8th, Series 3 of Detectorists will air every Wednesday at 10pm on BBC4. There will be 6 episodes in total, and this is expected to be the last season.

Associate
Yes!... can't wait.

Will watch the whole set again before it starts... and when we move house (soon hopefully) I'm going to get a detector; we'll have an acre of land, which I'm sure will contain a treasure hoard :o

Back
Top Bottom