ROG MAXIMUS X HERO

j0s

j0s

Associate
Anyone with this board can you confirm it comes with the Bundled Fan Extension Card?

On the Asus website it says it comes with it, but I cannot see any thing on the OCUK site.

Soldato
If you mean that little metal fan bracket for the top of the board, then yeah mine came with one. Other accessories include SATA cables, SLI bridge, CPU installation tool, 3D print mount thingy, a coaster(?!), a sheet of stickers and cable labels.

j0s

j0s

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. It isn't what I meant this from Asus website unless I am misunderstanding the site.

Cooler by Design
ROG Maximus X Hero features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS:
• Multiple temperature sources: Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors, for workload based cooling. All easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
• Water pump+: A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
• 4-pin PWM/DC fan: Every on-board header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans. *W_PUMP+ and AIO PUMP are also PWM/DC controllable.
Bundled Fan Extension Card: Includes three additional DC or PWM fan headers, plus three thermal-probe headers.
• Smart protection: A dedicated integrated circuit that protects each fan header from over-temperature and over-current.
• Water in/out: Allows for monitoring of temperature at the input/out of any component.
• Water flow: Allows for constant monitoring of the flow rate of entire loop.
• AIO pump: An All-In-One header that supports auto-detection of PWM, DC fans and water pumps.

Soldato
Nope, unless I *really* missed something I didn't get one of those. :confused:

ETA: Having actually opened your picture, is that not just an 'extra' part on the main mobo? There are certainly lots of fan headers and I did see thermal probe sections when I was building. I'm more confused now than when I replied haha.

Soldato
I've just dug out the manual and it makes no mention of a separate fan card. I think my initial suspicion was correct and it's just an 'addon' section built into the mobo itself. Note, for example, the mobo has a temp sensor module connector available, which is one of the components advertised on the Asus site.

usMjmdv.png

j0s

j0s

Associate
OP
I think they need to change the wording as it seems to imply that it is bundled with the motherboard. Especially when you click on it and it shows the extra module on the website.

Associate
i got mine from ocuk and no fan extension card either. i think there is such a thing though, because on 1-19 in the motherboard it lists an ext_fan connector (F) which is not just a regular fan connector. It is, funnily enough, located exactly where the icon the fan extension card is on the website diagram. No idea how you get one though.

j0s

j0s

Associate
OP
i got mine from ocuk and no fan extension card either. i think there is such a thing though, because on 1-19 in the motherboard it lists an ext_fan connector (F) which is not just a regular fan connector. It is, funnily enough, located exactly where the icon the fan extension card is on the website diagram. No idea how you get one though.

Cheers

The word bundled to me, means that it should be included unlike as I said ASUS made a mistake on the website.

Just asked the question on twitter and direct messaged them as well, see if I get a reply

Associate
Cheers

The word bundled to me, means that it should be included unlike as I said ASUS made a mistake on the website.

Just asked the question on twitter and direct messaged them as well, see if I get a reply

yeah that would be my intepretation too!

Soldato
After digging through the EFI it does confirm that the card is external (contrary to my earlier thoughts). They just didn't bundle one. Maybe it's location specific / particular markets only? :(

GlEolMu.jpg

j0s

j0s

Associate
OP
After digging through the EFI it does confirm that the card is external (contrary to my earlier thoughts). They just didn't bundle one. Maybe it's location specific / particular markets only? :(
U
Not had any reply from Asus wonder if someone from OCUK can ask Asus for us.

@Gibbo

Back
Top Bottom