Teachers should be respected more by kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teachers should be more respected by the children, but it does not help that the children's parents do not respect the teachers because it is viewed as an easy life.

My Mum has often told me that she dare not tell her Mum that the teacher hit her, because then she'd be in more trouble for misbehaving at school.

Associate
OP
Kids should also be able to use the toilet when they need to.

They should go at breaktime and lunchtime, I never let them go during class.

Do people think it is wrong I don't let children go to the toilet during lessons?
Still no need for the language or disrespect teachers get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Well would an adult sit happily and work for free 5 days a week because thats what we expect from schoolchildren.

No wonder they have attitutde.

Its teaching them how to be an obedient army.

The similarities between armies and schools is frightening.

you must do as your told and sometimes your opinion means nothing even if you are right
you all wear the same uniform
you all sit in lines like soldiers
you are forced to learn only one sylabus
you break times are determined by someone else
sometime you have no choice of food supplied
you dont follow the rules you are punished
you are being programmed to obey not to be educated

And you must do this for no money for about 10 years with no guarantee of anything when you are finished.

Thats slave labour.

I am no condoning bad behaviour but you will get bad behavior from being forced to do something

we need a rebellion...goodnight

Caporegime
Do people think it is wrong I don't let children go to the toilet during lessons?
Still no need for the language or disrespect teachers get.
Yes it is, if they need to go then let them go unless it’s against school policy.

Problem is you will get some kid go to their parents and tell them that you did not allow them to go toilet. Then said parent comes down and makes a complaint against you.

For an easy life, let them go.

And no they shouldn’t be calling u those sort of names...stick them in detention for a few hrs/days etc.

Soldato
I don't need to ask permission to go to the toilet during work.

Your boss also probably doesn't need to stop everyone else working every time someone needs to go to the toilet...

I get that when you gotta go you gotta go, but on the other hand, can you imagine how difficult it is trying to explain something to the class when you have to stop every 2 minutes and wait for 20 odd kids to go to the toilet?

No you shouldn't have to tolerate that behaviour, and I'm pretty sure spitting on someone is technically classed as assault (purely based on watching various police camera action type shows:p).

The problem is, as others have posted, you're often fighting a losing battle trying to undo what the scummy parents have spent the last X years teaching them :(

Associate
OP
Your boss also probably doesn't need to stop everyone else working every time someone needs to go to the toilet...

I get that when you gotta go you gotta go, but on the other hand, can you imagine how difficult it is trying to explain something to the class when you have to stop every 2 minutes and wait for 20 odd kids to go to the toilet?

No you shouldn't have to tolerate that behaviour, and I'm pretty sure spitting on someone is technically classed as assault (purely based on watching various police camera action type shows:p).

The problem is, as others have posted, you're often fighting a losing battle trying to undo what the scummy parents have spent the last X years teaching them :(

So right once one goes they all want to go. Easier to say no, girls on periods and children with medical problems should bring a letter.

I agree it is down to parents

I have never had a child have an accident or a parent complain in 3 years about my policy.

A few weeks ago one girl said her dad was going to come and beat the **** out of me for making her stand up for the entire afternoon. She had been swinging on her chair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
What is a school lesson length now? I'd have to think hard to remember my schooling, 40-45 minutes, double period 1.5 hours? If you cannot sit still for 45 minutes, you have a medical problem or suffer from **** poor planning ability.

Soldato
Interesting first posts.

Been quite a few new accounts like this, posts are always in short sentences and the subject is guaranteed to provoke multiple replies. Maybe its the way yoof write these days or perhaps we've been infested with a new advanced bot. :p

RDM

RDM

Soldato
So right once one goes they all want to go. Easier to say no, girls on periods and children with medical problems should bring a letter.

I agree it is down to parents

I have never had a child have an accident or a parent complain in 3 years about my policy.

As a parent I am not going to write a note to let teachers know my daughter is on her period. That is pretty much a private matter for her. In class I have no desire to ask a girl if she is on her period, as a teacher I have no need to know. Therefore if a student asks to go to the toilet I normally ask "Can you wait until break?" if they say no, then I let them go. If a child spat on me they would be out of the lesson very quickly and have at least a day at home and I would expect an apology before I let them in my class again.

Caporegime
What is a school lesson length now? I'd have to think hard to remember my schooling, 40-45 minutes, double period 1.5 hours? If you cannot sit still for 45 minutes, you have a medical problem or suffer from **** poor planning ability.

Ours were an hour. You'd leave one lesson and need to go to another straight away bar morning break/lunch break.
I imagine if you've been in school for hours and find yourself 30 minutes away from the next break that wanting to go to the toilet for a wee and being denied that would be pretty frustrating.

Associate
OP
No lesson changeovers as I work in primary.

8.50-10.50 lessons
10.50-11.10 playtime
11.10-12.15 lessons
12.15-1.15 lunchtime
1.15-3.20 lessons
3.20 hometime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom