CDKeys being a pain or is this normal behaviour ??

Soldato
Only had it once and it was when i bagged £100 worth of xbox credit back when it used to be worth the hassle as it would only cost you £80, these days it isnt.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
i've used cdkeys for years never been asked for info like that

i only use paypal with them if that makes a difference

Soldato
There's no question this is a major pain in the donkey to have to fulfil. I use CDKeys a lot and have never been asked but I imagine they have genuine reasons for having to this at random. I can vouch for their customer service and integrity - I had Wolfenstein 2 on pre-order but after also receiving it with my Vega 64 I sent their customer services department an email requesting a refund - the funds were back in my Paypal account within 20 minutes of me sending the email! If this was requested of me from any other site then I would likely my inclined to just disregard them and use an alternative key site however I find CDkeys are consistently the cheapest around, particularly for pre-orders and I personally wouldn't like to lose their services.

I used Skrill once on another site, card got stopped and had to phone up my bank to say, yes I made this payment. I always use Paypal.

This happened to me when I tried to use my card on Steam. Card got stopped. So I went with Paypal after that which has always been ok.

As for CDKeys, I tend to use merchants on eBay for Origin and Steam codes. Less faff and ofc you can use Paypal.

Soldato
I wouldn't be handing any info over

Yeah damn right, I tired to buy a game from them a long time ago and they asked for the same thing! I understand the need for ID, but there is no way in hell am giving a CD Key site any sort of ID. lol

Kinguin has never asked me this, so always used them.

If you can hold out, the Steam Halloween Sale starts this week on the 26th.

Associate
I had this once when I forgot I had a VPN on. I've never had a problem with them over the years so I felt okay sending the info.

Associate
I've also had a similar experience, been asked for ID etc for proof. It's okay I believe it to be legitimate. The way I see it is, if you want cheaper games be prepared to jump through a hoop or two

Permabanned
Point out to them that if they're seriously asking for a picture of your driving licence then they should really learn the difference between nouns and verbs.

They say license because the website is based in America and they are using American English.
British equivalent would be licence.

Soldato
It will be due to satisfying their money laundering reporting requirements required for payments processing, nothing nefarious about it. If you're not comfortable don't use it. Simple.

Soldato
I tend to pay in different currencies half of the time depending on what card I have at hand.

This normally triggers it.

Never been asked for ID. I have been asked for a photo of my card with first 12 digits wiped out alongside a piece of paper saying cdkeys.com with my order number and date.

I have no issue with this. Most card payments in India, Singapore etc use 2 step verification for card payments ( i.e 6 digit code sent to me via sms to buy anything online).

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I used to always used the 5% off voucher they had for years. But lately they changed it to new customers only. They missed out on a sale the other day because of that.

Associate
First time I used them years ago, I had to do it.
Since then, never.

Back in the day you could use the 5% as many times as you like. Now you can only use it once per account :(
So I signed up for another account and it again, never asked me for ID.

Soldato
I must admit all the i games i have bought from CDkeys was using paypal (bought 5 games so far) and never had any issues.

The Dvision
Garden warfare
Garden warfare 2
Lego city undercover
The division season pass

Not all for me, some are for my son as well.

Back
Top Bottom