Photography domain name suggestions?

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
How about BrianThomas.co.uk ?

Just drop the surname. It doesn't really matter, not necessary. Lara Jade for example, her surname is not Jade, it's Cotton but that isn't on her site.

This but drop your first name... ThomasInnes.co.uk is available or BrianThomas.photography

Last edited:
Associate
As mentioned in my opening post, there is already an established photographer with the same name as me (Brian Innes, and he is an associate of the Royal Photographic Society), his site is at http://www.brianinnesphotography.co.uk.
He is based in Edinburgh, and I am based in Fife. Because of this, I'm wanting to avoid using a very similarly name website for my own.

So going for the likes of www.brianinnes.co.uk or brianinnes.com probably wouldn't be a sensible move!

My point is this : If your work is better & you post all of your photos on Google you will pop up in the search engine and not him! a few sites that are great for being picked up on google currently are YouTube , Pinterest / your main NAME that people will search. Google plus is one that so many people don't use but its one of the best to pick up your name in google search engine.

I'm just trying to help you out and share what works for me , but if you must have a different name make sure it is the same across all your social networks and also watermark your work with that name also.

Associate
OP
The thing is though Jason, my work is no where near the standard of his, so I'd feel like a bit of a fraud trying to muscle in on his success by marketing myself using his same name.

Certainly not an easy thing to come up with a decent photography website name!

A good point though about being consistent across social media / websites / image watermarks.

Back
Top Bottom