Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
So we had 200mb VM installed just over a week ago which is a significant upgrade on Sky's 3mb however we're getting mixed Wifi performance. Our tablets and phones are hitting 100mb-200mb consistently but our Windows 10 laptops and PC are maxing out at about 30mb. Is this a combo of the Hub 3 being a bit rubbish and us having bad wifi adapters in our Windows machines?

Just trying to work out if its worth me buying a Wireless AC router and setting the Hub to modem mode and get some new adapters for the computers or looking at powerline adapters. The house is only 3 years old so the walls are effectively paper.

Cheers

Soldato
Had VM for a few days now and I must say I'm very happy with it. The V6 box is quick and intuitive and the internet speeds I'm getting are awesome. No congestion problems here thankfully. BT were offering a poorer service at a higher price hence why I switched. For all you BT customers out there, SWITCH ! :)

Associate
nf58qSP.png

Went on live chat to upgrade to 300mb today in time for me getting home in a few weeks and just found out that I got the bump to Vivid 350. Didn't even know it existed til I logged on this evening. The person I chatted with didn't mention it once.

Associate
G7TJXmM

G7TJXmM.png

xRfDJAZ.png

Still getting this from my 100mb plan. Not complaining!

I'm scared to reset my router incase it resets back to what it should be

Soldato
nf58qSP.png

Went on live chat to upgrade to 300mb today in time for me getting home in a few weeks and just found out that I got the bump to Vivid 350. Didn't even know it existed til I logged on this evening. The person I chatted with didn't mention it once.

That's because they don't know. None of the people in the call center seem to know it exists, I was speaking to an engineer about it and all he knew was it was being tested with business customers. They send 400Mbps to the router and most people end up with 380-390Mbps.

Associate
That's because they don't know. None of the people in the call center seem to know it exists, I was speaking to an engineer about it and all he knew was it was being tested with business customers. They send 400Mbps to the router and most people end up with 380-390Mbps.

I'm not back in the UK for another 9 days on 7th Nov so will post speedtests then unless I can explain to the missus how to install the superhub 3 and remove the SH2 and ASUS RT-66.

I'll post speedtests on 8th Nov....

Associate
Want to change our package to the new V6 box soon but that SH3 I think still has them latency issues?

Im on the original SH1 (modem mode) here but use an Asus n66u.

I have dual V6 boxes and still have the SH2 ac in modem mode with an Asus AC3200 no issues. Didn't want the SH3 when offered and they where ok about it.

Soldato
Having more problems yet again since the new SH3 was installed, buffering on my smart tv and Apple TV, dropped out again earlier on today and I’ve had to do a hard reset to get it back on.

Been on the phone to virgin twice who keep saying the issue isn’t their end.

Soldato
Having more problems yet again since the new SH3 was installed, buffering on my smart tv and Apple TV, dropped out again earlier on today and I’ve had to do a hard reset to get it back on.

Been on the phone to virgin twice who keep saying the issue isn’t their end.
Is all this by wifi?

Have you tried wired to see if you get the same issue?

What speeds are you getting in peak times?

Caporegime
Well since the network turned to crap a month or so ago and I had an engineer visit my max download speed on my PC/laptop either newsgroups or steam is a max of 17 Mbps, it will not go higher, I was getting circa 25Mbps, now I can't.

My iPhone 6S connects via Speed Test at 220Mbps as well, so I'm thinking this is either Windows 10 related or something to do with the modem, so ******.

Associate
Received an interesting final bill last week. I knew I was in for a refund of some £2 odd - so received a cheque, wasn't expecting a bill for £40 for failure to return the SuperHub 3!

Despite me asking what the deal was with returns several times on the cancellation call, they have failed to provide me any returns packaging in two months. The bill for the SH3 even has the cheeky line 'Not received your packaging? Login to www.virginmedia.com/package to request it' seems it must happen more often than not for this line to be on the bill! They must catch a lot of folks out by doing this...

Back
Top Bottom