**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Associate
Great result! It's good to know that they offer that 2 years down the line. Makes me feel a bit better knowing that if there are big screen issues with the Pixel 2 XL, there's a chance of a full refund 2 years on!

Soldato
I just had my 32GB 6P replaced by Google and got a 32GB 6P. No Pixel. I think it was a stock issue at the time as the lady put me on hold for 5mins to check the stock. It was a brand new 6P though.

Knowing my luck I got the only 6P they had in stock and they'll go back to giving everyone else Pixels.

Associate
I just had my 32GB 6P replaced by Google and got a 32GB 6P. No Pixel. I think it was a stock issue at the time as the lady put me on hold for 5mins to check the stock. It was a brand new 6P though.

Knowing my luck I got the only 6P they had in stock and they'll go back to giving everyone else Pixels.
You're not alone! I received what appears to be a brand new 6P last week. From what I've seen, it appears as if those with 64GB 6Ps were receiving Pixel XL as a replacement.

Soldato
Mine has gone back today with the battery shutdown bug, I got it second hand from Game so they are dealing with it, In the mean time I bought a second hand 1st gen Pixel for fairly cheap.

Soldato
Mine has gone back today with the battery shutdown bug, I got it second hand from Game so they are dealing with it, In the mean time I bought a second hand 1st gen Pixel for fairly cheap.

I unfortunately bought the 6P as a spare phone while my main one was getting fixed. It’s always been faulty, however.

I was hoping to sell it on back in June but it’s still in for repair. Really poor customer service so far

Associate
Well my 6p had the dreaded battery issue after almost 2 years of service, rang Google and they offered me a Pixel XL 32GB which I asked if they can give me a 128GB instead as my 6P was a 64GB in which they said they can't.

They emailed me the RMA link in which I replied to saying the storage isn't sufficient which then they offered me a full refund of what I paid at £499.

My Google order does state £582 but I don't remember paying this, so for those who got refunds they may have only paid you £499?

Associate
Finally got my 6P back from Huawei a couple of days ago after sending it in for the dreaded battery issue, they had it for a month. Now the battery issue has been fixed I'm in no desperate hurry to get rid, it's still a great phone. I'm not paying the silly money Google are asking for a new Pixel 2 XL.

Soldato
I contacted Huawei HQ today, in reading. People with display issues are going to have to wait a while, as they're having supply issues for the AMOLED screen (i.e. - they have none). I was told the wait for a screen could be a month away still (so 4 months for me without the 6P).

I made it clear to the guy in reading I wouldn't be waiting any longer, and would be looking to take legal action in the next week, and was informed the next step for Huawei is to issue a different phone to those waiting for screen fixes. They're looking at replacing with Mate 9/P10 Plus, depending on your carrier.

Back
Top Bottom