Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
What is it, a T4?

I'd never expect one to have 300bhp. 250 yes, but not 300. If one kept up with my Impreza I'd be slightly miffed :D but also very impressed. I'm a big fan of understated cars.

Soldato
What is it, a T4?

I'd never expect one to have 300bhp. 250 yes, but not 300. If one kept up with my Impreza I'd be slightly miffed :D but also very impressed. I'm a big fan of understated cars.

2.5 T5, 5cyl, 230hp stock. Uprated exhaust, intercooler and tune usually sees them up to 300hp. Handy that many of the focus RS and ST parts fit too.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Nice V50!
The 2.4i is not much better MPG and a lot less power than the 2.5 T5.
Pretty much. My mum used to have a 140bhp 2.4 and long-term average over 5 years was around 25 mpg!

It's actually built on the Focus platform, in fact.
Yup. It's an estate, but not a particularly big one. Boot space is average and rear legroom isn't much to write home about.
As RoboCod says, newer generation Volvos are significantly nicer.

Soldato
Detailing complete! The paintwork was is pretty good condition for the age and mileage, some minor swirls and polish marks (looks like someone less talented tried to polish it at some point in it's life) but quite a lot of bonded contaminants.

Car was dropped off at a local detailing who did all the normal pre-work (wash, clay, decontaminate), followed by a 2 stage machine polish, then coating with GTechniq CSL and Exo v3. Also has G5 on the glass and C2 on the wheels. First impressions are very good, paintwork has a great gloss to it and the beading is awesome!

Last edited:
Soldato
It is just a clean white car :confused:

If you don’t like white cars you can just say it rather than hiding behind veiled insults :p

Sorry If I offended you, it was not my intention. My eldest son has a white car and spent two days polishing and waxing it with my DA polisher and after that he showed me the results and all I saw was how well the water beaded.

I like white cars by the way, but no matter what amount of polishing you do it will always look 'just clean'.....well in my eyes anyway.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can you get an AWD V50? The idea of a V50 T5 AWD with a tune would be quite naughty.

Besides the XC cars, what other Volvo's got AWD?

Yes you can. I was sorely tempted by a V50 T5 AWD Manual a while back. It had some MK2 Focus RS bits on it and other modifications and was pushing over 400BHP while looking totally standard externally...

Would have been a fantastic sleeper.

Back
Top Bottom