Poll: Mexican Grand Prix 2017, Mexico City - Race 18/20

Rate the 2017 Mexican Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I feel a bit sad that Schuey didn’t stick around. He joined Merc 2 seasons too soon imo, and could easily have added a WDC to his immense 7.

Can’t see either Ham or Vettel getting 3 WDCs unless they’re still hanging around in 5-6 years.

Caporegime
I honestly think Max is now the second best driver on the grid, he had a better start, better move into the corners, got ahead of Vettel and once again showed superior race pace.

His race pace compared to Ricciardo is a different class now, qualifying is close in actual time(except this weekend) but he's still consistently ahead of Ricciardo in qualifying, he's made better starts than him too, the move in Canada, today, many others where he's taken a couple of places to get into contention for a podium when the car wasn't able to qualify on the front two rows. Then his race pace, we're seeing frequent gaps of 15-25 seconds between Max and Ricciardo in the same car.

Max if he gets the right cars under him has every chance of being one of the greatest ever, ridiculous he's this good at 20.

Soldato
If Hamilton wants to play the game still, it would be thoroughly amusing to watch him assist Bottas to getting in front of Vettel in the standings...

2 Vettel Ferrari 277
3 Bottas Mercedes 262

15 point deficit with 2 races to go.

Man of Honour
I feel a bit sad that Schuey didn’t stick around. He joined Merc 2 seasons too soon imo, and could easily have added a WDC to his immense 7.

Can’t see either Ham or Vettel getting 3 WDCs unless they’re still hanging around in 5-6 years.

Agreed, I doubt either will match it. Hamilton has missed a few good chances, not all of his own doing of course. I also doubt merc will be out front next year. Red bull are gaining.

Man of Honour
Verstappen is fantastic for F1. His voice today on the radio was a racer finding it easy and owning the race. Fantastic.

Associate

Lewis has won 3 of the last 4 titles. If he carries on winning at this ratio Hamilton Mercedes continue to produce a worthy car who knows where he could end up.

Soldato
The regs aren't gonna change much between now and 2021 so Lewis has 3 more seasons to get to 7 before things might shake up a lot, not beyond the realms.

I do think Mercs overall advantage is slowly whittling away over the seasons though so it's gonna get tougher and tougher.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Nah, Rosberg would have beaten him. He wasn't the driver he was at his best.
I don’t doubt he’d have beaten him over 4 seasons, but I still think MSc would have stole one of those through reliability.

Let’s not forget he legit got pole at Monaco. You don’t do that if you’re passed it.

Soldato
Well done Lewis, consistent season, only a couple of blips, worked nicely to a victory.
I had expected bottas to be closer, rosberg was never this far behind in overall pace.
I suspect max is possibly the fastest but certainly doesn’t have the consistency.

Vettel is past his best, but might have a season left in him if his car has advantage.

Back
Top Bottom