Anyone using a gimbal? specifically with an rx100

Associate
I'm tempted to get myself a gimbal to make those holiday videos a bit easier on the eyes, I quite like the look (and price) of the zhiyun smooth q but the RX100iv I'll be using is a little over the maximum weight limit listed. Does anyone know if I'm worrying over nothing, or is there an alternative worth having without spending the earth. Thanks.

Soldato
Was looking at gimbals this morning and very tempted by the Zhiyun Smooth Q to use with iPhones and an action cam.

Seems the Smooth Q is currently the best option after the DJI Osmo but I think your RX100iv will be too heavy for it to be honest (295g vs. the recommended 220g max).

Associate
OP
Just to update - I've ordered a zhiyhun smooth q to use with my phone (S7) and to gauge how much I use it for now while I wait for either new releases or price drops on the bigger versions. If it fits I'll also try the RX100 (Inc hand grip) and see if it can handle the weight and still work well.

Soldato
It reduces shake hugely but not perfect, worth watching a few YouTube videos on how to hold a gimbal to get the best out of it.

Slow steedy and I’ve also been filming at a high frame rate so I can also slow some of the down to smooth them further.

Associate
i have smooth Q and think it great with the hero 5 and have used the hero 4 3+ in it smooths out the walking of such small cameras and would not be with out such now ,, the downside for iphones you hear the motors i assume as there a lot heavier theres more strain to turn

there are newer similar priced that now offer timelapse turning have a much thicker hand hold to leave it attached standing

Back
Top Bottom