*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Soldato
This was driving me crazy too - I found that a hard reboot of my router fixes it for a bit. Started playing up again last night so rebooted the router this morning whilst everyone was asleep.

Who is your ISP?

Virgin Media.

Will give the reboot a go, thank you. Will try anything at this point.

Only so many "What a save!" I can take "Well on my screen I saved it" :(.

Soldato
Virgin Media.

Will give the reboot a go, thank you. Will try anything at this point.

Only so many "What a save!" I can take "Well on my screen I saved it" :(.
I am also with VM, I have the original SuperHub at the moment too, don't know if that is the reason - I've only noticed this with RL though. Very odd, let me know how you get on.

Soldato
So, when I was trying to work out the issue I created a quality monitor at thinkbb, here's a snapshot from the last 24 hours:
4bddce62093c430f7bf34c3ebfe96448bf84c6c2-25-10-2017.png

You can see the dropped packets start at around 21:30 which is the time I was playing RL and noticed the issue again.

Dropped packets continue through the night with average and minimum latency quite high all day until rebooting the router at 07:30 this morning when things settle down.

Try it and see what yours looks like.

Soldato
Sadly rebooting the router doesn't seem to have affected it :(. I'm on their latest superhub.

I will install that program and hope it offers me some insights.

It's annoying if it was all games I would call virgin and get it sorted but being rocket league only I suspect they won't be able to do much.

Soldato
That’s a shame, could’ve been a nice easy fix.

It’s not a program, just go to the website and put your IP address in and it’ll start monitoring your connection quality. Worth doing anyway to see if there is an issue.

Soldato
That’s a shame, could’ve been a nice easy fix.

It’s not a program, just go to the website and put your IP address in and it’ll start monitoring your connection quality. Worth doing anyway to see if there is an issue.

I just found out I thought it was a executable. Had to allow my firewall to respond to its pings. Fingers crossed it shows something or I'm out of ideas.

Thanks again :).

Soldato
No problem, keep me posted. I'm keeping an eye on mine and am going to get in touch with VM about it at some point.
PiG1727
64cb1e7bbf8c762c472399afd90a86714dcd06af-25-10-2017.png

( no idea how to show images in the new forum. Why can't the BBtags work dammit)
Hmm well doesn't look pretty. Not showing any packet loss though :confused:.

Last edited:
Soldato
( no idea how to show images in the new forum. Why can't the BBtags work dammit)
Hmm well doesn't look pretty. Not showing any packet loss though :confused:.
You can just link directly to an image using the IMG] tag. You also have your IP on that image.

Yeah, that doesn't look good and could be part of your issue. Keep it running and get in touch with VM

Last edited:
Soldato
You can just link directly to an image using the IMG] tag. You also have your IP on that image.

Yeah, that doesn't look good and could be part of your issue. Keep it running and get in touch with VM

Evidently I'm a moron and can't get it to work :D. Tags just disappear after saving the edit :(.

Also thanks for letting me know. Could you edit your quote please.

Edit: Hmm some reason the imigur link didn't work but thinkbb worked fine :confused:.

Soldato
Man this game is making me rage. I'm pretty rubbish but it can be good fun. I've given up with the quick matches as you tend to just have everyone rage quitting as soon as they concede or you get thrown into matches 5-0 down with 20 seconds left. So going through the ranked matches and levelled up a little bit. But now I'm getting put up against people who are better than me every match, I can't improve and every single god damn game at the moment I get some utter **** of a teammate who spends it bitching at me when they're hardly much better than I am.

Hitting a wall tonight. Can't improve because I can't get a single fun game. :(

Soldato
Man this game is making me rage. I'm pretty rubbish but it can be good fun. I've given up with the quick matches as you tend to just have everyone rage quitting as soon as they concede or you get thrown into matches 5-0 down with 20 seconds left. So going through the ranked matches and levelled up a little bit. But now I'm getting put up against people who are better than me every match, I can't improve and every single god damn game at the moment I get some utter **** of a teammate who spends it bitching at me when they're hardly much better than I am.

Hitting a wall tonight. Can't improve because I can't get a single fun game. :(

Join the discord and add a few of us to play with.

Associate
Is that the unnofficial ocuk discord? didnt see a RL channel on there last time I used it, wouldnt mind trying some proper 3v3s, tho I wil probably be a bit bad till I get the idea of playing in an organised team. I do try to rotate, but on pubs this invariably means I end up spending almost the whole match in def as no one else rotates.

Do you use voice activation for it? cant imagine it being easy to press a button for PTT while trying to play this, when you need to defend or attack.

Soldato
Join the discord and add a few of us to play with.
Will hop onto Discord later if I get a chance!

It really blows my mind when I see people quit after conceding a couple of goals or less. I’ve joined teams 3-0 down and won.
Yeh it's crazy, especially after the first minute or so. One match last night my teammate rage quit when we went 2-0 down, I then immediately scored whilst solo and held them off for another minute or so.... With a teammate around we could have easily turned it back!

I think the thing that annoyed me the most last night was the fact that these guys raging are playing at the bottom ranked tier like me, surely they must be used to playing with weaker players if they're that great. Do they sit and **** people off every game?!

Soldato
Found the issue with my internet. Virgin router had decided to set itself back to router mode. Swapped back into modem and now I have my old tolerable lag again yay!

I'm still **** though :D.

Soldato
Is that the unnofficial ocuk discord? didnt see a RL channel on there last time I used it, wouldnt mind trying some proper 3v3s, tho I wil probably be a bit bad till I get the idea of playing in an organised team. I do try to rotate, but on pubs this invariably means I end up spending almost the whole match in def as no one else rotates.

Do you use voice activation for it? cant imagine it being easy to press a button for PTT while trying to play this, when you need to defend or attack.

Aye, the very same. There's a RL voice chat group near the bottom of the list, just hop in. Yeah I do as do the other guys (I believe), just set up the audio settings within Discord and Bob's your uncle. I play with controller so I turn off the in game VOIP and just use Discord; I use most of the buttons on the pad as it is so using another one to PTT wouldn't be comfortable.

Yeah sometimes with randos it can be frustrating as one or more of team of 3 will ballchase like there's no tomorrow and won't rotate. In this case i'll just sit back as if you push forward more than likely the other team will score and one of the teammates will rage at you for being trash :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom