Xbox One X

Soldato
Its got the same sort of cooling that most modern high end GPUs have and we all know how loud they can be. So it is a bit of a concern.

I bought a hybrid 1080 cause the noise from a blower was pretty annoying when it was going full tilt.

Soldato
I cant see the point in picking one up yet, not until some killer titles are announced for it.
Microsoft etc, have been pretty lacklustre for a long time ,in bringing out many good games.
I will keep an eye on it though

I'm getting one as I tend to buy all consoles, however I'm not exactly looking forward to getting it simply because there is nothing in the game line up.

I held off buying Assassins Creed so it would give me something to play on the XboneX, I've said before they should have held off with Forza, yes I will have a play on the XboneX but as a game I've already played it and bored with it. I was tempted to hold off getting Wolfenstein to but I wanted to play that asap so did so on the PS4 Pro (it's brilliant btw).

I don't think having the 'most powerful' console is going to help MS if they do not start getting their act together with the games, no-one in their right mind would jump ship from the PS based on whats out and coming soon on that.

I'm also yet to be convinced this will be much better than the Pro in general games but look forward to being proven wrong come next Tuesday.

Associate
OP
yeah i know , i didn't bother with the S as they announced the Scorpio would be swiftly following the S if i remember correctly

Caporegime
Just ordered some Plantronics 800 LX wireless Dolby Atmos headphones for this.

UK not selling them yet, and they couldn't even tell me when they were out, so I ordered from Gamestop for $149.99 + $25 shipping.

Typical - They are available on the UK site now! - £159.99
http://www.plantronics.com/uk/product/rig-800lx

Not a competitor link as OCUK don't sell Plantronics.

It's cost me £132 on my Halifax Clarity card from the states, so if I get stung for VAT and UPS fee's it should still be about the same price.

Anyway they'll be here tomorrow so if anyone was interested i'll let you know how I get on with them. Battlefield 1 and Star Wars: Battlefront on PC both support Dolby Atmos.

Associate
Typical - They are available on the UK site now! - £159.99
http://www.plantronics.com/uk/product/rig-800lx

Not a competitor link as OCUK don't sell Plantronics.

It's cost me £132 on my Halifax Clarity card from the states, so if I get stung for VAT and UPS fee's it should still be about the same price.

Anyway they'll be here tomorrow so if anyone was interested i'll let you know how I get on with them. Battlefield 1 and Star Wars: Battlefront on PC both support Dolby Atmos.
It looks like they just come with a code for atmos for headphones. It will work on any game as it's just simulated. Not the same as Dolby atmos which is for the proper received and speaker set up. You could just buy any head set and code from the Xbox store and have the same thing.

I see a lot of people confusing the two. I feel like Dolby could have done better with thier marketing. Still I got atmos for headphones and use it with my hd599s. It's great.

Caporegime
I know, I have a proper Atmos 5.1.2 setup at home.

I got them because they seemed to be the best wireless headphones at a price point that are compatible with everything.

I already have the Dolby Atmos app on PC/Xbox and it was free of charge, I assume the code unlocks the headphone part of it?

Associate
I know, I have a proper Atmos 5.1.2 setup at home.

I got them because they seemed to be the best wireless headphones at a price point that are compatible with everything.

I already have the Dolby Atmos app on PC/Xbox and it was free of charge, I assume the code unlocks the headphone part of it?
Yeah exactly! You guys the headphone simulated version which is great!

Soldato
Think I'm gonna cancel mine after all. The only game I'm all that bothered about right now is Forza 7 and I have a PC with a 1080Ti in it anyway. I just don't know :)

Soldato
but... new toy... I went through a bit of doubt, but you know its going to be fun playing about with it whatever happens.

I also have a good PC but sometimes its nice to buy the games for a defined platform and get physical releases.

Associate
Got an email from Argos saying my Scorpio is out for delivery.

Obviously it won't show till next week.
icon_e_sad.gif

Associate
I pre ordered my Scorpio from the MS Store

Does anyone know when they will start getting sent out?
they aim to have them delivered on release day. Don't know if there's much chance of getting them early. Might do if you went for free shipping option rather then express

Back
Top Bottom