World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
It's just been announced at blizzcon! As a fellow vanilla fan, having the frustrations in the drama of all the private WoW Vanilla servers up and down and changing names every few months has been annoying.

I personally thought it was a matter of time until Blizzard realised that they are missing out on 10k a month subs (going off Lightshope population daily) by being stubborn and not running vanilla servers. Their trash over not being able to do it was always tosh and I'm glad they will be supporting them.

I'd gladly pay £10 a month for vanilla as I really enjoyed it and enjoy the trip down memory lane and this day and age, £10 for 10 hours of fun in a game is a cheap price to pay!

Last edited:
Soldato
Surprised by vanilla, new expansion seems pvp focused which is good. Though I feel vanilla servers will be more populated at first then the new exp.

Caporegime
OMG! This will be like high school reunion for all my Norwegian and Swedish friends! Although the sad realization that I now have a wife and kid means I cannot play hardcore. After playing a couple of days on Elysium it became apparent I just couldn't be the badass dwarven hunter that I once was. Kitted out in a mix of Tier 3 and Rank 13 gear I had more HP than some tanks and with Ashjrethul/Ouro's gun would one shot newbie clothies!

40 man raids were epic!

Man of Honour
Have they said exactly how the ruleset will be yet, I mean will it be a true vanilla experience? Proper old school xp rates? No LFG? No beaming to dungeon entrances? No flying mounts, no early mounts? The original skill trees? Or will be it some sort of vanilla hybrid where later systems will be included on a vanilla world map?

Soldato
This is pretty exciting for me. I might actually re-activate my World of Warcraft account for this. I quit before the first expansion came out and I'd love to go back and see what I missed and / or forgot about. I used to love doing battlegrounds for instance.

Just another slightly related question. If I wanted to play on the normal servers when the new expansion comes out if I just buy the latest expansion does it include all the previous expansions as well or do I have to buy each expansion individually? I only have the original World of Warcraft on my account as I never bought any of the expansions.

Soldato
OP
I don't think 10k players on some of the private servers would all be willing to pay £10 a month. A fee for sure but not the rate for the main WoW game.

If not them, a lot of people who quit due to crappy expansions will come back with old friends. For sure they will get a huge hike in resubs.

Soldato
OP
This is pretty exciting for me. I might actually re-activate my World of Warcraft account for this. I quit before the first expansion came out and I'd love to go back and see what I missed and / or forgot about. I used to love doing battlegrounds for instance.

Just another slightly related question. If I wanted to play on the normal servers when the new expansion comes out if I just buy the latest expansion does it include all the previous expansions as well or do I have to buy each expansion individually? I only have the original World of Warcraft on my account as I never bought any of the expansions.

I think it includes all previous content.

Soldato
It depends how "vanilla" it is.

Let's not forgot how many horrific things were part of the original game before we remember all the good stuff :) I'm talking about stuff like only 1 viable spec for every class, 5 min Paladin buffs, farming souls on Warlocks both pre-raid and mid-raid, bags and bags of Hunter ammo, bots farming resource nodes all day long, spells needed reagents, green quality resist gear to survive in raids, spirit stat (on non-Mana classes as well!), max debuffs on targets was so low Warlocks were garbage, heals-over-time didn't stack, wands *shudder*, 30 minute long flight paths, no "constant" flight paths (you had to land, pick a new route, fly there, pick another, repeat), no LFG finder... the list goes on.

Soldato

Let's not forgot how many horrific things were part of the original game before we remember all the good stuff :) I'm talking about stuff like only 1 viable spec for every class, 5 min Paladin buffs, farming souls on Warlocks both pre-raid and mid-raid, bags and bags of Hunter ammo, bots farming resource nodes all day long, spells needed reagents, green quality resist gear to survive in raids, spirit stat (on non-Mana classes as well!), max debuffs on targets was so low Warlocks were garbage, heals-over-time didn't stack, wands *shudder*, 30 minute long flight paths, no "constant" flight paths (you had to land, pick a new route, fly there, pick another, repeat), no LFG finder... the list goes on.

Sounds good to me. Modern MMOs have taken out all the things that make MMOs feel big so I'm all for long travel times, having to farm to raid, long quest lines etc etc. But then I am an old EverQuest player so perhaps I'm used to MMOs that don't hold your hand as much.

Man of Honour

Thats exactly the stuff I liked about it and why I played on private vanilla servers. (Apart from the botting bit)

Back
Top Bottom