The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
Can’t fix your car, or computer, need to hand your man card in!

I got upgradeitus and got a GTX970 for the desktop, zwift runs super sweet now, can even go for 4K Ultra Graphics but then it is an 800% improvement over the GTX260!

Gave it a go tonight, it’s so purty!

Min FPS 45, max 85 with the graphics maxed out. Have to do a group ride/race and see how it holds up.

Soldato
OP
Ah man, I had a proper rage yesterday. Had decided I'd chuck in for the D KISS race, (yes, I'm that slow right now :p) got down, warmed up, went to join the race, my net dies. Get it back up, Zwift not responding. Crashed. DAMMIT. Then thought I'd join the group work out at 21:15, nope, crashed again. I was very annoyed. My wife came down to ask who I was swearing at lol
Anyway, did a bit of a ride solo after that. ******* **** ********.

Soldato
So now you can watch the bunch disappear in to the distance in crystal clear detail :p
Ouch, burned! :o
Sandbag in C grade instead ;)
Like everyone else seems to be doing, or getting accused of. Thankfully don't get many A's sandbagging in B!

You'll just join the other B riders who can't cut it in B so ride in C to feel pro. #burnedagain ;)

Ah man, I had a proper rage yesterday. Had decided I'd chuck in for the D KISS race, (yes, I'm that slow right now :p) got down, warmed up, went to join the race, my net dies. Get it back up, Zwift not responding. Crashed. DAMMIT. Then thought I'd join the group work out at 21:15, nope, crashed again. I was very annoyed. My wife came down to ask who I was swearing at lol
Anyway, did a bit of a ride solo after that. ******* **** ********.
Did Zwift behave afterwards?

Some of my diagnostics last night have lead me to blaming my SSD in the laptop as possibly faulty. FFS. Going to try a repair install over the weekend to sort, I do have another SSD I could stick in it if needed... :o

Soldato
OP
Yea, it was fine afterwards. Seems to be really laggy on clicking like "ride" or anything mind, and it can't be the machine, I'm running an M.2 SSD, 32GB RAM, 8 frigging cores and 8GB GPU! Should not even have to blink for it to work.

Soldato
Yea, it was fine afterwards. Seems to be really laggy on clicking like "ride" or anything mind, and it can't be the machine, I'm running an M.2 SSD, 32GB RAM, 8 frigging cores and 8GB GPU! Should not even have to blink for it to work.

If you run the log through zwiftaliser then it will let you know of any network errors etc

Worth a shot

Man of Honour
Did my second FTP test tonight. First one was 173w, then did the 4 week booster program on Swift, but it's taken my 8 weeks to complete it for various reasons.

And I hadn't ridden at all since for over a week, but decided to jump straight in and do the FTP test anyway just to get it out the way. It was becoming annoying doing the program in the end as I just wanted to do other things like higher mileage rides or do the mountain route etc.

Anyway, managed 205w. I suppose I should be pleased given my inconsistency, and I am, as I set a target of being in the 200's, not quite as high in to it as I'd have hoped but I can now do some other training and then come back and build on that in the new year

Soldato
As I said yesterday a 18-19% increase is not to be sniffed at, especially given the time frame and inconsistency. Much like in the weights room once the n00bie gains are out the way it becomes a battle of diminishing returns eventually but there's still plenty of scope for improvement still.

Again, much like with the barbell I was still learning & honing technique 7 to 8 years in to it. Same can be said for cycling 3 years in, whether that's technique, pacing or general physiological awareness.

A different plan or something like a TrainerRoad program will give you a fair bit of diversity and is even structured so that the weekend tends to be longer lower intensity recovery riding which you can do outdoors socially :cool:.

Winter's here now so perfect time to get stuck in :D

Soldato
My bad/blocks & paging errors 'resolved' with a fresh install of W10. The errors consistent with the windows install and not the SSD as I'd originally feared.

Laptop for me - i5 and integrated graphics but its fine - smooth even, 720p tho.
Similar to mine (i5, 4gb RAM) but 1080p on internal geforce 740M over external HDMI. Although I'm not utterly convinced it's using it as it's showing an error in Device manager.

Just t say, changing mechanical 5400rpm HDD in my laptop to an SSD made a HUGE difference!

Anyway, managed 205w. I suppose I should be pleased given my inconsistency, and I am, as I set a target of being in the 200's, not quite as high in to it as I'd have hoped but I can now do some other training and then come back and build on that in the new year
Good work & base figure to work with/from going forwards.

Consistency will make the most gains. Equally don't do your FTP test super-rested as it'll make your training sessions too hard. I made this mistake! Just do your FTP test after a couple of days off, rested but not super fresh and a rested state you reach a couple of times a month or such. I got to the stage that after a couple of weeks of normal training sessions I was struggling to sweetspot and couldn't maintain FTP for more than say 10 minutes.

Soldato
Tempted, if I hadn't utterly abused myself yesterday afternoon... :o

8.8 mile warm up.
WBR 4 Lap Race (B). 9th after getting dropped from first group after doing a bunch of work to shake out the C riders. Classification 'upgrade' in WBR races so lots of C sandbaggers. Results don't show as I'd expected as several got DQ.
Cool down.
WBR 4 Lap Race (B). 13th utterly destroyed! Did some long turns again to try and split things up. Had nothing left for the sprint after trying to break away a mile before the end. Results again better than expected due to DQ's.
Cool down.

Total of around 2.5 hours & 49.6 miles on Zwift. Just the abuse I needed to get myself back on track! ;)

Soldato
Yeah I think I'm going to give the TT a whirl - sounds fun with the pack releases 2 mins apart.

Just need to get my excuses ready for when I get slaughtered. My usual excuse of a headwind isn't going to wash is it? :p

Back
Top Bottom