*** Photography Sticky *** Gallleries, guides, links, for sale and more ...

Caporegime
Soldato
What makes it better than the LEE? Genuinely curious on this as I am looking at purchasing into the LEE 100mm system however I have heard good things on Nisi recently.

The build quality is really good but the main thing I think is the way the polarizer works. On the Lee system you have a large CPL on the front of the holder so it is furthest away from the lens. On wide angle lens this can and will give vignetting and can be a little awkward to turn.

On the Nisi system the CPL is attached to the front on the lens and can be used as a CPL without attaching the holder. When you have the holder on the CPL can be turned with a little dial.

If there is one negative that would be if you are using a 100x100 ND like a 6stop and want to swap it to a 10stop because of the shape of the holder it can be awkward to swap over if you have Grads on also. I guess the idea is to reduce risk of light leak.

Nisi were one of the first companies to do Glass filters, Lee used to be pretty much only resin which can scratch easy. Glass is better unless you drop it!

Back
Top Bottom