Lewis Hamilton

Associate
Why is he being slated for dodging uk vat? He doesn't live in the UK?
If the government is upset about these things why don't they change the law - oh wait I know why, they do it too as does the queen apparently.
Andi.

Isn't that the whole point.... wonder why he doesn't live in the UK......? :rolleyes: And including the queen.... as if she's some kind of hedge fund manager.... lol.

Soldato
Regarding this VAT on the plane thing
Was it not meant to be a 100% business purchase, loaned from one of his companies to another of his companies, and yet it was used for personal use as well as business use?
The IoM was used so it would be easily stamped and rebated, and it would be up to the IoM to investigate if its use it not for purpose.
They have stated they CBA to investigate?

Don
Regarding this VAT on the plane thing
Was it not meant to be a 100% business purchase, loaned from one of his companies to another of his companies, and yet it was used for personal use as well as business use?
The IoM was used so it would be easily stamped and rebated, and it would be up to the IoM to investigate if its use it not for purpose.
They have stated they CBA to investigate?
My understanding is that the IoM has actually said in their eyes he's not done anything wrong and this was their understanding of how VAT law should be applied, but have suggested that if their understanding of the law is incorrect then they would welcome HMRC to investigate their policies and procedures and suggest corrections if required.

Soldato
Grand
I think what is really needed is a change in the law regarding various vat nuisances etc.
As was stated over and over, virtually no one seems t have broken any law, yet the system stumbles along, following outcry and MPs basically doing nothing.
Next budget, Hammond will do nothing except find a new way to tax the middle.
If I was Hamilton and was advised to rent my jet from myself to claim millions back, of bloody course I would.

Still sucks that he does.

Back
Top Bottom