Removing lid of Hunter DS62 inspection chamber

Associate
As per title, I need to get the lid off this to check for flow so I can fit an anti-rodent flap in the system.

I can see 2 leverage points and have freed off the 3 screws but they do not extract no matter how long I turn them or even if I apply some backwards pressure with a wrecking bar in the leverage point but the screws do get tighter.

How does the screw on these work? Are they supposed to come out completely or is a 1/4 or 1/2 turn required? I have tried all with no success so thought I would ask before I destroy the thing. The Hunter website does not explain either which makes me think it is a simple screw but mine won’t extract due to age? They call it a ‘captive screw locking system’?

Last edited:
Soldato
A captive system would indicate that the screws stay within the frame surely. Not come across this cover but others have had similar systems

Associate
OP
I thought they may stay within the cover but I cannot lever the thing off. Can’t stay in the frame as all 3 are completely ‘surrounded’ by the plastic of the lid/cover.

Back
Top Bottom