Black Screen when playing games

Associate
It only happens while playing games. Screen goes back and monitor reports lost signal. Checked cables and so on.

Intel i5-3570K
Gigabyte Z77-D3H
GeForce GTX 970

I have not overclocked anything. CPU Temp is around 40 to 50C when running games. GPU is also peaking at around 50C.

That doesn't seem too hot to me. I have been running the same setup in the same place for a couple of years, and in hotter weather.

It started happening around a month ago soon after a GeForce driver update (might just be coincidence), and 2 driver updates later it persists.

What else could I check?

Soldato
Have you checked if Event Viewer shows any errors for moment of image being lost?

Also is it total crash and you need to use reset to get image back?
It happening only during gaming would also hint toward it being something with graphics card or maybe power supply not doing well under load.
What PSU you have?

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply.

Event Viewer shows nothing before the crashes. The only reference to a crash is after rebooting, an error sayinghe previous shutdown was unexpected, but no info to narrow down the cause.

Yes it's a total crash. Power stays on but I need to reset. I tried accessing the PC from another device on the network in case it was just a display issue, but it disappears from the network too, so yeah, full crash.

It happens only while a game is running, but is most likely when alt-tabbing out of the game. In fact that seems to be what triggers it most times (but not all).

PSU is Corsair GS700.

Back
Top Bottom