Soldato
Pretty poor website - keeps redirecting in Italian, and then I wanted to check the cost of GBP on paypal, after entering details, PayPal advised next page would be confirming all costs etc. Instead it took $100 from me!

Soldato
Pretty poor website - keeps redirecting in Italian, and then I wanted to check the cost of GBP on paypal, after entering details, PayPal advised next page would be confirming all costs etc. Instead it took $100 from me!

eek - use live chat to see if they can help...?

I have signed up for a free days test of their service and I'm impressed so far.

I will probably sign up soon.

Please post back and let us know how you have gone on.

Soldato
^^^^ I found that compared to AirVPN, been pretty solid for me over the last year or so, it is just as fast but you have to find the right server which is good for where you are.

I do not have a fast connection like you, as my fibre is limited to around 70, and seems to maximise that.

Associate
I ended up with the nordvpn 3 year deal for $99, very impressed with their speeds, on vm50 can't see any slow down when in use! You can use it on 6 devices as well :)

Soldato
I suppose it also matters what you are using to connect with as well. If it is their client then all the decryption of the AEC 256bit CBC data is done through your CPU but if you try and do that through your router, as I do, then there might be compromises with very fast speeds. The other choice is something like a pfsense box, but that is simply too much for my weak and feeble brain.

Soldato
I ended up with the nordvpn 3 year deal for $99, very impressed with their speeds, on vm50 can't see any slow down when in use! You can use it on 6 devices as well :)

when you paid did you notice that the payment was worded....

$ 144.00 turnover every 36 months, save 67%

....so it is a recurring payment and not a single one off, unless you cancel....?

EDIT: Their live chat confirmed that you will be automatically billed every 36 months unless you cancel.

Last edited:
Associate
when you paid did you notice that the payment was worded....

$ 144.00 turnover every 36 months, save 67%

....so it is a recurring payment and not a single one off, unless you cancel....?

EDIT: Their live chat confirmed that you will be automatically billed every 36 months unless you cancel.
Yeah checked it and I believe you get auto renewed at 3 years, however they keep the same pricing deal you signed up with originally :). Got a 77% discount as well, so for $99 for the term!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for posting the Nord offer, performs well and has an additional bonus of an blocker too.

Annoyingly having signed up for the trial I now cannot take the deal on the same email address used. Anyone else done the same and figured it out?

Associate
I am tempted with NordVPN so signed up for 3 day trial. It worked upto 250mbps on my FTTH service 4, but torrent speeds where painfully slow, yet switched it off and speeds returned. I need to try out more server options to see if the speed is returned before my 3 days run out.

Soldato
Thanks for posting the Nord offer, performs well and has an additional bonus of an blocker too.

Annoyingly having signed up for the trial I now cannot take the deal on the same email address used. Anyone else done the same and figured it out?

I was able to - there's a code they use. Open the the above link in incognito and enter the promo code it lists when on the payment screen. Something like BLACK DAY or something?

Associate
Re Nord VPN. There are a few servers located very near me, less than 10 miles, so it keeps trying to connect me to them. However, I get hopeless speeds and pings. No huge deal there are others to choose from however the damn thing keeps trying to connect me to them automatically as it thinks they are the best (presumably because of distance). It also seems to ignore me setting it to connect to a favourite server (when the app starts). Any ideas?

Severs:

Anyone else getting poor performance from these or just me?

edit: in fact, I don't think these servers are actually anywhere near me :S Says 8.42 miles but they appear based in London and I am in Glasgow :/

Thanks

Permabanned
i have another offer.
dsy9z

Last edited:
Associate
NordVpn settings.

Find the servers that work best for you and add them to your favourites *then add the one you want to auto connect to when the PC starts up.

Click on the Nord icon by PC clock
Countries ( top left ) > put mouse pointer over each one > click on the circle with 3 lines in to open up the server list > mouse pointer on heart >
click the heart icon when it turns red to save to favourites, you will mess up and connect instead of adding to favourites a few times but once its done that's it.
Repeat for > speciality servers.

Settings ( top left ) > General
CyberSec > on or off, personal choice
Auto updates > preset to on
Auto connect > On and add *server of choice
Start NordVpn on start up > on
Kill switch > add your browser/s main exe/application file to this, remove and replace at each browser update
Notifications > on
Start Minimised > off
System of measurement > personal choice

Show advanced settings > I know what I'm doing
Server list > on
Map > personal choice, I have it turned off.
Protocol > personal choice, I use UDP
Custom DNS > off
Obfuscated Servers > off for me, I had disconnection and dial up speed problems using these severs
Diagnostics > Diagnostics Run tool, use this to contact Nord about any software problems

My account
Your email address, subscription date and change of password option

Some test sites

https://ipleak.net
https://whoer.net
https://2ip.io/privacy/

Adjust below if/as needed after running tests
Disable Ipv6
Open network and sharing center > local area connection > properties, and untick > internet protocol version 6 tcp
repeat for all > local area connections and untick > file and print sharing if not needed.

Firefox about:config settings
media.peerconnection.enabled < false
webgl.disabled < true
geo.enabled < false

Change computer clock time to the country / server used.

Associate
I got the Nord VPN deal too and finally got it to work on my router - the problem? Seems Openvpn on my asus router doesn't like symbols in the password...:rolleyes:

Netflix refused to work with it on though, immediately flagged up that I had an unblocker enabled, hopefully not all of their servers have been backlisted!

Back
Top Bottom