*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Soldato
It's not a popular game within the Discord (I only know of four including myself who use it) so it's at the bottom. If more people start using it I can happily add more channels.

Soldato
Yeah same, I tried to watch most of it but 10 hours or so is a long time to be watching and not playing! I did get a set of Apex wheels though, so not all bad ;)

Can't believe Chiefs knocked NRG out, and then pushed C9 pretty hard too. OCE is no joke, and Torsos plays with KBM (there's hope for you yet @Mynight)! Should be a great Day 3 later on - who do you see winning? For me I think it'll be EU again, wither GFE or PSG.

Associate
I'd like GFE to win as they rely on skill, not bumps & demos & do some crazy stuff, but any one of them could win, I was gob smacked that chiefs beat NRG, every time I watched the OCE play it looked like a casual pub game, but they played really well, so all credit to them, shame they got knocked out by C9 after such an epic win over NRG. I think C9 beat GFE at the northern arena recently iirc, so could see the final being a rematch of those two if the league set up allows for it.

Associate
Well Played GFE :) Tonight I thought I would try competitive again, last season battled like hell couldnt get out of bronze, this season 1 win & I was silver? wth?

Soldato
The MMR algorithm has changed for competitive Season 6, as Psyonix wanted a bigger spread of players in other tiers instead of a lot of people being bunched up in Bronze (so they say).

For example I was in G3D3 in 2's and P1D2 in 3's at the end of last season, and when I finished my placement matches i was put in mid Plat 3 in both. I went up to Diamond 1 very briefly in 3's but in a wierd way it felt like I hadn't 'properly' earned it.

Also yes, ggwp to Gale Force. They were insane and showed why collectively they're the best in the world. I felt a bit for Method, as they had just played 3 Bo7 matches and were probably mentally exhausted by the time they had to play GFE again :(

Soldato
Matchmaking adjustment just moved the problem now and made higher ranks mm worse with people bunching up there now. People higher up didn't get much if any of a bump in rank, in 1s where I was plat 3 I got a bump to diamond 1. Meanwhile in 2s, up in diamond 3 end of season 5, for season 6, nothing, maybe a div bump and that's it.

Solo queue is awful as you get people that were diamond 3 before the "adjustment" being teamed with people who got a free bump to diamond 2/3 with predictable results. Even in a party it's annoying, hardly any close games, games are a blowout one way or another. On top of that, for some reason people that were GC, champ 3 or 2 got dumped into high diamond/low champ depending on how placements went, so that's messing it up as well as not everyone can play a lot, so there's still a lot that haven't moved up.

Not the first time Psyonix done it, they need to stop messing around with it. If the majority of players are silver/gold, then that's where they are, no need to give a free bump.

Soldato
Aye, even S5 Grand Champs who won all their placements got put into Champ 1 as it was the hard cap.

Yeah solo queueing can be a pain with not knowing how skilled your opponents/teammates will be from game to game. I experience a range from complete hamburgers to guys air dribbling in their sleep. it can be annoying but I like playing against people better than me so I can try and improve.

Soldato
Good session tonight, bit iffy at the start, but in the end got my 12 champion wins for the reward. Nice and early before all the smurfs people switching from console in mass at the end of the season come out. GC is way too far, still too many holes in my game, but can relax now and just spend rest of the season trying to improve.

Associate
Seem to have hit a brick wall at gold, thought I was doing well got to gold 1 div 4, then got a run of really bad teams & back to gold 1 div 1, just bouncing up & down between & cant seem to make any headway.

Soldato
Do you do much training? Instead of going in cold I will spend at least 30 minutes doing some varied training packs (dribbling/shots/aerials/goalkeeping) and then a couple of games of casual before I jump into competitive.

I got my Diamond reward over the weekend (up to D1 in 2's and 3's) but my consistency is still poor and I need to get a feel for the car before I go in to comp.

Associate
New crate coming on the 4th. I generally don't open crates (odds suck), but like new crates as they are easy to sell for keys.

Should really get into doing that, got about 200 crates, would cost about £150 to open them all

Do you do much training? Instead of going in cold I will spend at least 30 minutes doing some varied training packs (dribbling/shots/aerials/goalkeeping) and then a couple of games of casual before I jump into competitive.

Havent been doing much training before, mostly warm up with some 1v1/casual games, the training packs I have found so far have been a bit out of my skill level atm, really need to spend some more time on them, however, mostly my problem isnt me playing badly so much as team mates smashing the ball into our own net just as I'm about to save it, ballchasing, or leaving the net open when I do get forward.

On the subject of 1v1, I only started doing this lately, is there some form of ettiquete playing 1v1? I can never tell if who I'm playing against is taking it serious or just wants to generally practise 1v1, & isnt bothered about winning/losing. From what I've seen so far you should avoid demo's/bumps if possible, anything else? I often see players go past me only to deliberately miss, then run back to their own goal as an example, I would guess someone doing that just wants to practise 1v1 defense.

Soldato
On the subject of 1v1, I only started doing this lately, is there some form of ettiquete playing 1v1? I can never tell if who I'm playing against is taking it serious or just wants to generally practise 1v1, & isnt bothered about winning/losing. From what I've seen so far you should avoid demo's/bumps if possible, anything else? I often see players go past me only to deliberately miss, then run back to their own goal as an example, I would guess someone doing that just wants to practise 1v1 defense.

If it's ranked no. Play to win. Demos/bumps are fair game, if bad players want to complain about it, let them, part of the game and bumps/demos are used at higher level frequently, so may as well get used to it now.

Back
Top Bottom