**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
My pixel 2 connected to my wifi then dropped connection and won't reconnect. Tried resetting router, restarting phone, now it won't show it at all even after forgetting it from the settings. :/

EDIT: seems to have fixed it by manualling changing channel to auto on the router. Pixel would only pick up on channel 12 :S Even after I changed the channel to other settings.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do headphones then. What are people doing without the jack ?

I am considering getting a wireless pair. Not sure I will go for the pixel puds. Ideally I would spend have that amount of money !

Soldato
So I'm being mucked about by UK Mail. Even though I'd selected the option to pick up from depot, they tried to deliver it, just as I've drive 40 minutes to collect from depot. I've now been here almost 90 minutes... 6 different people have been here to collect things and not one has left with there full order.

Associate
Mine still says it is expecting to be delivered today yet is still sat at the depot. Never had a delivery without fault from them. I want to select the pick up from depot option for tomorrow but it says if I don't collect it then they'll send it back and I just know they will either not be able to find it or send it out for delivery.

Associate
So I'm being mucked about by UK Mail. Even though I'd selected the option to pick up from depot, they tried to deliver it, just as I've drive 40 minutes to collect from depot. I've now been here almost 90 minutes... 6 different people have been here to collect things and not one has left with there full order.
They're as bad as Yodel in my eyes! Mine is still showing as should be delivered today, yet it hasn't even left their depot! Wouldn't surprise me if they don't deliver tomorrow...

Associate
i swear google was trolling me, on a white setup screen i saw a small gray line near the bottom of the screen but after setup i just can't see it.
ran a colour sweep video off youtube still nothing.

Soldato
That is frustrating. Looking FWD to your review.

So for me I have been using it all day. Just went back to my pixel XL to copy files over and it felt very odd

Hate to say it but I have now opted for the saturated colour option. To me it looks best. I get the whole natural thing but I am sticking with saturated

Feels very nippy to use and loving it so far. Using it naked no skins or cases.

Only odd thing is the battery percent is next to the battery icon and not in it ?

Also turned the font size to the smallest as i prefer that style on all my phone's. I think it suits this display better.

Definitely recommend a dark back ground picture on this as the blacks are impressive

Using them live world one that comes with it on Saturated looks sweet

Soldato

Honestly, right now I feel like cancelling the order. A short while after that post the lady comes back and says they can't find it. I ask how long until the driver comes back, I might as well wait now. Apparently he's been, left his paperwork and gone. Surely they can just go on the van and get my package? Nope, he's taken it with him. So, that's 3 hours totally wasted.

I call Google, I don't really know what I expect from them, but they're no use at all either.

Soldato
Honestly, right now I feel like cancelling the order. A short while after that post the lady comes back and says they can't find it. I ask how long until the driver comes back, I might as well wait now. Apparently he's been, left his paperwork and gone. Surely they can just go on the van and get my package? Nope, he's taken it with him. So, that's 3 hours totally wasted.

I call Google, I don't really know what I expect from them, but they're no use at all either.

Why call google? They can't do anything. Blame lies with the courier.

Associate
How do you set Spotify as the default music player for assistant?

Open assistant > Click the blue button in the top right > In the next screen click the 3 dots in the top right and select Settings > Under services click Music and you can set a default app in there

Soldato
Wow, what is amazing is the esim funtionality. You don't need a sim card!

I have a project fi subscription and an EE sim card.

Whenever I go to the states or abroad I can just switch sims using the settings without actually removing the sim. Yes it's not quite dual sim but still a very good option!

Associate
Strange. Could be to do with the assistant language settings and whether the services are available in that region; take it you are set to English (UK)? I have been set to English (US) for in the past to try and trigger the assistant update; not sure whether that has anything to do with my additional services. They appear fairly standard though and I'd expect the UK assistant to have them.

Back
Top Bottom