What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Any benefit over a full 2J or did you just build the engine with the best bits you had around at the time? :)

I already had all the single turbo goodies designed for use with a 1JZ head. If I went with a full 2JZ turbo engine then I'd be looking at 3k minimum for that, plus at least another grand getting all the single turbo parts to match the 2JZ instead. So it was mainly influenced by cost effectiveness and the parts I had around in my storage. As the 1JZ is a 2.5litre engine, I essentially did a higher compression stroker build by using a 2JZ bottom end without needing to completely destroy the bank.

Associate
Almost had an RTA :eek::(:eek: front brakes locked on and then one released and sent me into a spin doing 50+, :mad::(:mad: the car got recovered and taken to the garage where it had to have new cal's, disks, pads, hose line and new brake fluid.
And the best part, bang went my Xmas savings I had put away. :(:(:(

Had something similar happen to me at the start of the year that I mentioned on here. Front left locked up as I was accelerating onto the A2 to '70', pulled me across two lanes that thankfully were both empty.

Soldato
TBH it is only a weekend car anyway and as I don't like driving it with the roof up it wouldn't get much use.

Also, I need to keep it rust free. Plan is to keep it until it is worth the same as a used mk4 so I can make the swap :p

Back
Top Bottom