• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Plug in graphic card cooler directly on motherboard

Associate
Long story short, I scraped the pcb of a r9 fury nitro from sapphire, shorting the fancontrol. Fans go 100percent from the moment I turn on power.

Is it possible to do as in the title? What kind of adapter would I need, should I be careful with voltages, can I buy a special speed controller etc

Associate
OP
I need male pmw to female gpu mine, hard to find.

If I find one I'm going to connect it to the building fancontrol of my corsair case. Already have the habit to change that one when I game

Last edited:
Soldato
As Meaker said, you'll need a "4-Pin PWM Fan Connector (Female) to 4-Pin Mini GPU Fan Connector (Male)" to connect your existing graphics card fans onto a motherboard header. The male/female refers to the pins, not the plastic connectors (which threw me at first). Moddiy do one, but not sure if it's against the rules to mention/link to them.

Associate
OP
Ah now I see - got me confused for a bit. Male to female it is.

No need to risk breaking the rules, I'm familiar with the duck. Thanks for the hint though.

I'm glad that my mistake won't be expensive to fix.

Back
Top Bottom