Best way to arrange operating system, games, apps...

Associate
In an ideal world, what is the best way to arrange your os, games, programs and media?

Give the os it' own drive and everything else another? Or install programs on the same drive as os?

Soldato
Best way for me is O/S, programs and games on C:\ and most user data (My Documents) on separate D:\ drive. This way the O/S is entirely separate from my precious data so if windows goes west my data is unaffected. This method requires at least two drives, a fast NVMe SSD or SATA SSD for O/S & Programs and either a large capacity mechanical HDD or if your flush a large capacity SATA SSD for My Documents.

Permabanned
Windows on C and games on another Drive and storage on another drive and Ext backup HDD for it all.

Windows 10 your Docs/FAV's Photos will all be backed up to OneDrive by default anyhow and back where they were if you do a clean install.

Soldato
I currently have :

C drive SSD : windows all apps and games I currently play

D drive HDD : download folder, and some games

2 further old hard drives that are mirrored back ups of each other, they contain music and documents.

Man of Honour
Currently have SSD OS + Programs, SSD Games, big HDD for misc - probably will replace the HDD with an SSD next time around.

Back
Top Bottom