Android phone around £200 to replace 640XL

Soldato
Hi all,

My wife and I are replacing our windows phones with Android Phones, I'm replacing her 830 with a Nokia 5 and I'm looking at the Nokia 6 because I want the larger screen.

I've ordered the 5 but before I order the 6 is there anything else I should consider maybe something thats reduced that I've missed in the Black Friday sales? (Got the 5 for the price of the 3 but the 6 hasn't been discounted)

Looking at around £200 but can spend a little more if its worth it. Not hugely bothered about performance I'm not a power user but dont want it to be as slow as current 640 and must be reliable.

Only needs are -

5.5" ish screen 1080P
Takes a 128GB SD card
Decent battery life

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That looks decent, better performance and ten pund cheaper than the Nokia, better battery too but camera not as good and Marshmellow Android. Hmmm

Sorry I didnt 256, meant 128. I'll edit OP

Associate
If you're not bothered about camera quality, the Lenovo P2 I think is a decent phone at that sort of price point. Other issue with lenovo is the customer service is apparently terrible, which is a problem if anything goes wrong!

I've just written a longer post in a similar thread on this forum with a few suggestions at the bottom, so have a look!

Soldato
Look at the Xiaomi Mi A1 which is an Android One Phone and has dual camera and SD card slot.

You can pick one up for around £180 on AliExpress

Soldato
OP
If you're not bothered about camera quality, the Lenovo P2 I think is a decent phone at that sort of price point. Other issue with lenovo is the customer service is apparently terrible, which is a problem if anything goes wrong!

I've just written a longer post in a similar thread on this forum with a few suggestions at the bottom, so have a look!

Thanks but written it off based on the CS horror stories and it seems its gone up in price and hard to get hold of but haven't looked for it for a couple of months which was last time I was looking

Look at the Xiaomi Mi A1 which is an Android One Phone and has dual camera and SD card slot.

You can pick one up for around £180 on AliExpress

Its going to be an xmas present so cant wait that long

Thanks but written it off based on durability and complaints of the screen scratching really easily plus the P10 Light is £10 cheaper at Carphone Warehouse, nearly bought it until I read up on it a bit more

Just get the Nokia 6. No faffing and left getting stuck on old operating updates.

Its the current favourite, just the reviewers putting me off complaining about performance, it shouldn't bother be though I'm not a power user really

Soldato
OP
The Xiaomi looks great but I've looked on Trust Pilot and yeah, risky stuff. If the Nokia 6 had a faster CPU it would be a no brainer at the moment I'm leaning toward it for its build quality and promised updates. I definitely want to buy something locally too IE not from abroad.

Unless there is something I've missed I'll just get the Nokia but its a shame its the best of a bad bunch, wouldnt mind spending a bit more for something that ticks all the boxes but it seems there isnt anything

Back
Top Bottom