British Gas customer?

Caporegime
"Whats your problem?" seriously lol :confused:

I merely jollily pointed out that it's not worth £118, this is simply a proven and evidenced fact.

Yet you seem to be complaining at something for free? Everywhere had it at £85 unTIL Black Friday. I really don’t see why you are knocking such a good deal?

So what if it’s not £118 worth of stuff. That’s the rrp which of course nobody ever pays. You may as well knock every deal on amazon or anywhere else which lists the original list price. Your point isn’t relevant.

Caporegime
OK I'm sorry Greebo, Product is definitely £118. I hope your lightbulbs bring you many years of enjoyment and happiness.

But what’s your point? Does it matter if they are realY only £85 worth of free goods!? Why are you so bothered? Is it because you aren’t a British Gas customer and can’t get them free?

Soldato
The point was just that the product is not worth £118. That's all. I simply said "it's not worth £118", I'm not bothered about anything, I'm just a realist. I'm not complaining that the bulbs are not really £118, I'm just able to understand the actual value of the product. Realism doesn't equate to being bothered.

But you still seem to be thinking it's "£85 worth", even though it's £50 retail (not WORTH) on amazon. :(

Also, I hate to break it to you but nothing is free here I'm afraid. This isn't a new company who has just started up and immediately started giving away goods without any revenue, even CHARITIES don't do that, let alone British Gas hahaha.

This is British gas and people have been giving them money for dozens of years, and dozens to come. There is no way in hell these light bulbs are free giveaways.

This is just a marketing strategy British Gas are simply exploiting an existing customer base to create a market for heavily inflated light bulbs/home automation products. 2 bulbs and a hub for no immediate cost, then if you need just 1 extra light bulb you pay £15 and immediately put £5 profit into the company because those 2 bulbs and the hub cost less than £10 to manufacture.

You're simply in denial of basic business and economics. I'm just laying out facts.

Caporegime
It’s on sale at some places at £50. It’s Black Friday. Or do yo7 think everything has to be the same price as Black Friday all year round?

It was you he did more than point out that it’s not £118 worth by your derisory comment that it’s twenty quid tops and the hub will cost £3.50 to make. Hive is a big brand in the smart market and integrates its lots of things.

Why not go post in the items you have bought thread diriding all those people buying 6 hue light bulbs for £85 and hubs for more then £3.50?

Clearly you think every smart bulb and hub should be no more than a tenner yet there are mugs on here who have bought over a thousand pounds worth.

If you don’t think they are worth it, then just don’t buy them or get them free. It’s a great deal when people are go8ng mad snapping them up for fifty quid in the sales and people will continue to buy them for £85 out of this weekend. Getting these free and buying two less with hard cash has got to be a deal.

iPhones only cost £200 to make yet people buy them for a grand. It’s how capitalism works. £1000 oled TVs probably only cost a couple of hundred as well. Best be on the safe side and just never buy any technology ever asim. Except a Mac 10 of course. They are always worth it.

Permabanned
The point was just that the product is not worth £118. That's all. I simply said "it's not worth £118", I'm not bothered about anything, I'm just a realist. I'm not complaining that the bulbs are not really £118, I'm just able to understand the actual value of the product. Realism doesn't equate to being bothered.

But you still seem to be thinking it's "£85 worth", even though it's £50 retail (not WORTH) on amazon. :(

Also, I hate to break it to you but nothing is free here I'm afraid. This isn't a new company who has just started up and immediately started giving away goods without any revenue, even CHARITIES don't do that, let alone British Gas hahaha.

This is British gas and people have been giving them money for dozens of years, and dozens to come. There is no way in hell these light bulbs are free giveaways.

This is just a marketing strategy British Gas are simply exploiting an existing customer base to create a market for heavily inflated light bulbs/home automation products. 2 bulbs and a hub for no immediate cost, then if you need just 1 extra light bulb you pay £15 and immediately put £5 profit into the company because those 2 bulbs and the hub cost less than £10 to manufacture.

You're simply in denial of basic business and economics. I'm just laying out facts.

Got to side with Greebo there. Who cares if they are not worth £118? They are free. If you are that ungrateful dont claim the reward. I bet you did though, quite awful really.

Soldato
Got to side with Greebo there.

That's is absolutely fine.

However taking sides is completely and wholly irrelevant to the facts at hand. Facts remain facts regardless of "support" or taking sides. Extreme example, but some people took Hitler's side, doesn't mean killing innocent people is OK. Cant believe I'm having to explain basic life facts. But we're all civil adults on a discussion forum so It's OK.

Who cares if they are not worth £118?

I don't know, whoever wants to care, can care. I'm not telling anyone to do anything nor care about anything. I just posted one simple fact, it is YOU who seems to be "caring" so much as to call people "ungrateful" and start taking "sides", lol.

They are free.

The items are limited to British Gas customers, therefore it is an automatic fact that they are not free, and they have certainly been paid for, they are subsidised by you, the customer, because they are limited to, the customer.

I direct you to another fact of life (and elementary level economics): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_ain't_no_such_thing_as_a_free_lunch

If you are that ungrateful dont claim the reward. I bet you did though, quite awful really.

"That ungrateful"?

How ungrateful exactly?

If I am paying to be a British Gas customer, and I accept something being given to customers, then how does it suddenly become "ungratefulness" simply by acknowledging the fact that it's not actually worth £118, and that it's not a free for all giveaway. If you can explain the mechanics behind how acknowledgement of fact equates to "ungratefulness" and "awfulness" then, well, I'll eat my hat.

My sister gifted me a PS4 for my birthday, doesn't make me "ungrateful" or "awful" for knowing what a PS4 is sold for on Amazon. If you can explain how being aware of how much something sells for on Amazon, equates to being "ungrateful" and "awful", I would be very interested to hear the explanation.

Anyway I do appreciate your comments, they are very interesting and I thank you for posting your thoughts. :)

Caporegime
I still don’t see your problem Asim. Basically your issue seems to be that nobody should sell anything for a profit and everything should be sold to you at cost. If so, enjoy your life buying nothing.

As for them being paid for somewhere, then yes I will agree. But let’s assume we are all sensible people on here and compare our energy contracts every time they are up for renewal, so the only reason we are with British Gas is that they supply our energ6 for the cheapest price. If they want to give us all some freebies then that’s fine. It’s surely better than paying another energ6 supplier more money and getting nothing free from them?

In the meantime I will enjoy my “freebies”

Permabanned
That's is absolutely fine.

However taking sides is completely and wholly irrelevant to the facts at hand. Facts remain facts regardless of "support" or taking sides. Extreme example, but some people took Hitler's side, doesn't mean killing innocent people is OK. Cant believe I'm having to explain basic life facts. But we're all civil adults on a discussion forum so It's OK.

I don't know, whoever wants to care, can care. I'm not telling anyone to do anything nor care about anything. I just posted one simple fact, it is YOU who seems to be "caring" so much as to call people "ungrateful" and start taking "sides", lol.

The items are limited to British Gas customers, therefore it is an automatic fact that they are not free, and they have certainly been paid for, they are subsidised by you, the customer, because they are limited to, the customer.

I direct you to another fact of life (and elementary level economics): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_ain't_no_such_thing_as_a_free_lunch

"That ungrateful"?

How ungrateful exactly?

If I am paying to be a British Gas customer, and I accept something being given to customers, then how does it suddenly become "ungratefulness" simply by acknowledging the fact that it's not actually worth £118, and that it's not a free for all giveaway. If you can explain the mechanics behind how acknowledgement of fact equates to "ungratefulness" and "awfulness" then, well, I'll eat my hat.

My sister gifted me a PS4 for my birthday, doesn't make me "ungrateful" or "awful" for knowing what a PS4 is sold for on Amazon. If you can explain how being aware of how much something sells for on Amazon, equates to being "ungrateful" and "awful", I would be very interested to hear the explanation.

Anyway I do appreciate your comments, they are very interesting and I thank you for posting your thoughts. :)

Deary me, agreeing with ones opinion and then being compared to hitler in a completely ludacrious tangent.

What are you on about? You are clearly being ungrateful and the way you are coming across is exactly that.

I dont see any facts that you have presented me, here is one for you though - when you signed up to british gas, was it part of the contract that they will give you a hive hub and bulbs as part of you energy supply? No. You got them for free.

The gift from your sister is irrelevant.

Please have a little word with yourself.

Last edited:
Associate

It's quite obvious that they are indeed free, there has been a transaction, I have paid nothing and gained an item with a resale value. The definition of free is obtaining a good or service without charge or cost. I have not been charged and it was provided at no cost - therefore by definition it is free.

Back
Top Bottom