Confess your gaming sins...

Soldato
I suppose for me it's the fact in 2005 I gave away my gaming PC to my Dad and got an Xbox 360 and then PS3 and then Xbox One and then PS4. So for 12 years I've been gaming on consoles but buying Steam games in the sales right from Half Life in 2004 all the way up to The Witcher 3 last week. Now 12 years later, I've took back that same gaming PC from 2005 but with a better GPU (albeit bottlenecked by the CPU) but it can still play a fair chunk of the older games like Half Life 2, Portal, etc.

Problem is... I can't be arsed playing them. I get bored after 10 minutes! So it seems I've wasted a shed load of money buying PC games that either I currently can't play or don't want to play and I'm now in two minds whether to buy a new gaming PC or get the Xbox One X and a 4K tele. Shucks.

Just buy a Steam Link and telly and enjoy many of your games on the big screen?

Soldato
I bought an Xbox 360 and huge TV, instead of an engagement ring...

...then got pneumonia and was too weak to set it up, for SIX WEEKS!

(Bought a far nicer ring and proposed at my surprise 30th birthday meal, organised by my other half - so she finally forgave me)

I ordered an expensive rig (i5, 32Gb ram, 580 GTX SLI) for the release of Battlefield THREE, then received it 10 days before my son was born.
It soon became the world's most overqualified Peppa Pig dvd player.

I now have the above rig connected to my lounge TV, where I enjoy playing Diablo 3.
I want to upgrade it (mobo, CPU, ram, SSD & GPU) but hard to justify the £1500+ it'll cost, when my wife hasn't bought new clothes in forever....
...so I've been teaching my 5 year old son to play, in order to use him as a proxy ("Honestly darling - Elliott will be the one who benefits!")

I bought two Steam Links last week and have ordered a new TV for our bedroom, purely so I can play when *She's* asleep...

Associate
I stat padded my BF2 knife score with 3 of us killing, and reviving each other.

Actually had both teams stop what they were doing to come and kill us over and over again, ironically doing the exact same thing which had ****** them off in the first place!

Soldato
1. I prefer pad to m&kb.

2. I bought too many games (don't do it too often) in the last three months and feel guilty for wasting money.

3. I feel guilty in general for even buying games.

4. I have a hard time actually finishing most games because I can't be bothered to play sometimes.

5. I think Witcher 3 was overrated but I'm not sure that's a sin since it's true.

Soldato
another one to the list, because it's happened recently- i now spend more time modding skyrim than playing it, and what time i do spent playing it it's mostly either bugfixing mods or occasionally when i'm happy the mods are all working good i start thinking about new mods.

for example this time it's been the quest for back shields, and as soon as i get all of that working its "hmm, weapons and armour degradation....."

Soldato
Backalley, Estate and Siege were awesome maps. Siege with the apc was hilarious. I once got it stuck in the tunnel lift!

De_747 was a good custom map, another funny one where if you shot out the doors players would get sucked outside. Never got boring watching a team mate fly out of the door after you shot it out!

Yes! I'm not the only one! Siege was the only map I ever got any joy as a sniper, so that was always a plus for me. Scout headshots ftw!

Soldato
Not only did I buy Swbf2 I'm also enjoying it for a quick run and gun kind of shooter.

Going back not a sin however fact I disagree with any one who says hl2 is best fps game always causes a mad debate, don't get me wrong I enjoyed hl2 however first one and it'd expansions in perticular blue shift were better games imo

Soldato
In the house we have

2 x PCs with a big unplayed Steam Library
1 Xbone with loads of unplayed Free with Gold games.
1 PS4 with VR, wheel and driving seat and outside of DriveClub I've played about 10 hours on it.
2 Raspberry Pis set up with RetroPie

I play Clash Royale on my phone/tablet for hours a day.

Back
Top Bottom