Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

A customer came to me with an iPhone SE. The phone was in pretty bad condition to the extent of where the case itself was like a banana and the screen was missing part of the top components, like the front camera etc.

My first thought would be to replace the screen with new components and also to swap the internal components into a new chassis. I carried out this process and was ready to install the new screen and power up the phone to see if I managed to get it running again. Upon powering the iPhone up it was still giving me nothing but a blank screen. I reinserted the cable to ensure they were seated correctly, I also checked over everything else to make sure it was all installed correctly, and everything looked good, I couldn't understand why nothing was happening.

I then plugged the iPhone into my computer and gave it power, still no screen but however the computer did make a noise when the USB was plugged in as if it was reading it. iTunes then decided to pop up with a message saying somewhere along the lines: "iTunes could not connect with this iPhone for unknown reasons" and then presented me with an error code. I tried my other phone and iTunes recognized mine perfectly fine. I was thinking maybe it could be something to do with the logic board inside of the iPhone maybe.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be here, I've tried a few things already but am more than open to suggestions and to provide more information if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom