**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Associate
when i typed it in it came up with a few on was 2m...to be fair im not even that bothered about the overall speed as long as its fast charge ...... if i need it really quick ill just plug my original one in but its more for being able to pick up while on my desk and use.

Soldato
Getting really frustrated with OnePlus. I thought the mantra was no compromises? Instead we get questionable design decisions that you can't seem to turn off.

Case in point, which genius decided that the 1s on the clock on the lock screen should be red? Why can't I turn that off? The changes to the icon folders waste screen real estate. The camera still doesn't have photosphere.

Think I learned my lesson moving away from the Nexus and stock android. Won't be buying another OnePlus.

Associate
Getting really frustrated with OnePlus. I thought the mantra was no compromises? Instead we get questionable design decisions that you can't seem to turn off.

Case in point, which genius decided that the 1s on the clock on the lock screen should be red? Why can't I turn that off? The changes to the icon folders waste screen real estate. The camera still doesn't have photosphere.

Think I learned my lesson moving away from the Nexus and stock android. Won't be buying another OnePlus.
I have never had red 1s on my lockscreen, not sure why you're getting this. Folders I can't comment on since I always use Nova Prime on every phone, are you definitely not using a custom rom?

Edit: I stand corrected! Just updated to Oreo and now I know which red 1 you're talking about (although it's not always there for me, saw it once). They usually act well on feedback so best is to let them know. Wouldn't call it a deal breaker personally but that's individual taste.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's straw that broke the camel's back. Loads of people have posted on the official forums about it, and the threads have been closed as 'not a bug'. Well it's not a bloomin feature either!

Still no way to customise the alert slider options to have proper on/vibrate/do not disturb. Still notification light stuck on the one colour when fast charging. Still no 360 panorama. Changes to accessing the app menu. Urgh.

Daft design decisions just make the phone unintuitive.

Associate
Most problems with Oneplus phones can be fixed by installing Lineage OS. The display on my 3t looks ten times better now than it ever did on OOS, simply by having decent options for display calibration.

Soldato
I actually quite like it. Obviously it's because the one on their logo is red.
I get why they think it's a good idea. Down side as red is associated with bad, every time I knock my phone and a red 1 appears, my mind reacts and thinks there's something to action.

It's not the end of the world, my phone still makes calls and gives me access to the Internet, I just think OP have drifted far from their mission statement.

Back
Top Bottom