Impulse Rift Purchase... Must have games?

Soldato
Elite Dangerous (on sale for £13 and change), the demos and games you will get with it and the touch controllers are good enough to last you a while :)

Associate
Robot Recall comes free when you configure your touch controllers. Quite a few do so check them out.

Dirt Rally is awesome, Elite Dangerous is too.

I really enjoy Lucky's Tail and am surprised at how well a 3rd person game plays in VR. It's like watching a little world carry on all around you.

Associate
There’s plenty of free titles that will have you covered.

Getting a 3rd camera is more important that buying a few games imo, that way you will have 360 tracking which will improve the games your games and the experience you have with them, with the exception of SuperHot VR and Arktika.1, they are front facing titles.

I would say my must have games are:
•Onward
•Bullets and More (get whilst it £6)
•Pavlov (get whilst it’s £4. Not listed as Oculus supported but works perfectly well)
•SuperHot VR (far far to short, but it’s an incredible experience and worth the price tag imo)
•Lone Echo (I don’t have it as yet purely because I’m waiting until i have a graphics card to do it justice)
•Artika.1 (from the makers of the Metro series, teleport and front facing only but I loved it)
•Rick and Morty (if you like the TV show, buy through steam and play through the game, you will have it finished in under 2hours with plenty of time to spare, and refund it)

It’s an amazing time to get into VR, some great titles out there for everyone, I play more genres than ever before because playing them in VR only makes them better, also never again will I play another ‘pancake’ FPS, there Just boring in comparison.

If I was to recommend Just one game from my above list, I would say Bullets and More, it might not look as good as Pavlov or Onward, but for sheer content it can’t be beaten, plus it’s Battle Royal game mode is really REALLY fun!
Pavlov does have a very active map modding scene on the steam workshop too

Soldato
Payday 2 is absolutely insane, a must have must owns in vr. Look up 'To The Top' essentially you're a leap frogging Spider-Man on a obstacle course. You can play both payday and TTT pretty much on the spot, but both demonstrate the power of VR and Roomscale to the max.

Soldato
As title... Picking it up tomorrow... Dirt Rally is the only VR title I have, played a demo of
Robo Recall and it pushed me to buy it!

Any must have titles?

If you have Alien Isolation you could get the mother VR mod. It's really well done.

Eleven Table Tennis is a must have.
Rec Room, is Free but amazing.

Associate
Its an oldie now but I picked up I Expect You to Die in a sale recently. You play as a secret agent in different "escape the room" type scenario's, its a bit on the short side but worth a play for sure especially if you can pick it up on the cheap!

Soldato
Assetto Corsa for driving, IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban for flying. Alien Isolation for everything else :)
Take it easy in the beginning though to build up VR tolerance, gentle driving or flying + some teleport games like Robo Recall should be good.

Associate
Update, spending most of my time playing Robo Recall, must admit I'm blown away by how good it is...might have even ruined "normal" gaming for me!
VR in general has COMPLETELY ruined pancake games for me!

RoboRecall is amazing, but wait until you get ‘vr legs’ for smooth locomotion online FPS’s like Pavlov, Onward, BAM, and AMF! There on another of immersion!

Back
Top Bottom