just caught someone hacking my computer ?

Soldato
About time I looked in to password managers. Is LastPass still the best one?
it's what I use and is extremely convenient but it's only as secure as your master password. It does of course mean that hackers only need to crack this one password to get your logins to absolutely everything so make it a secure password.

Soldato
it's what I use and is extremely convenient but it's only as secure as your master password. It does of course mean that hackers only need to crack this one password to get your logins to absolutely everything so make it a secure password.

Shame last pass don't do 2fa. But my password is about 64 characters.

Soldato
Also as a side note, if you use the lastpass authenticator, it can also auto fill your 2FA details when you login to whichever services you’ve set it up with. Handy!

Soldato
This thread reminded me that i have this installed so uninstalled it and gave my pc a full av and malware scan.

I seem to recall a while ago TV had a data breach

Soldato
to identify this kind of attack, seems you need your antivirus to tell you if TV had been installed without your knowing
(TV can be used in a 2FA login mode too, but that does not help in this case)

Presumambly lastpass, even with 2FA, is itself, compromised, if a TV connection is giving someone visibility of your screen and access to clipboard (like RDP would too)

Soldato
Well this is concerning, I use Teamviewer daily and have unassisted access set up.

I do have 2FA on the Teamviewer account but still this makes me question using the software now.

Back
Top Bottom