Impulse Rift Purchase... Must have games?

Associate
You should have Dead and Buried free with your rift purchase. 2 v 2 multiplayer shoot outs is one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had. Need a bit of space for ducking and diving though.

Soldato
OP
Im loving this VR! Anyone recommend me a driving game, I've got Dirt Rally but I'd like a "flat racing game"...tried the arena version of Lone Echo last night...another one for the list...i also need a flying game...work is really getting in the way this week!

Soldato
Im loving this VR! Anyone recommend me a driving game, I've got Dirt Rally but I'd like a "flat racing game"...tried the arena version of Lone Echo last night...another one for the list...i also need a flying game...work is really getting in the way this week!

Project Cars 2 has a demo on Steam, and supports VR.

Associate
I'm having lot's of fun playing Yooka Laylee with the vr mod. From the makers of Banjo Kazooie. Like Lucky's tale, you're inside a cartoon world. Except for some of the speech at times going below the floor, which can be quickly remedied by ducking down or using the keyboard shortcut to move the gui, this game feels made for vr. If you like Lucky's tale, and want a bigger more banjo kazooie like game experience this is a must have.

Pad only, but that's part of the reason i like it. Sit back, chill and play.

Soldato
Yooka Laylee really does work well. Only issue is the gui text boxes being offset as you've said, which surely would be an easy fix for the dev team. Maybe you could bash the camera, but with manual control there's an acceptable work around. It's clear they've put some effort in to VR development, the fov narrows as a comfort option when you turn, it'd be really interesting to know why they discontinued the idea.

Maybe they'd go back to it after the switch version ships, and they've exhausted all other marketing options, it'd certainly find a crowd in the VR space, as it's light years ahead of any competition.

Back
Top Bottom