LETS SEE THEM: SHOW US YOUR OcUK PURCHASES FROM THE LAST WEEK (SHOW OFF YOUR RIG)!!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Since I announced the crazy Ryzen and Threadripper deals last Monday sales have exploded, lets just say since we announced, our Ryzen 5 1600 has being selling 100 units per day and most of the orders going through I can see being matched with motherboards and G.Skill or TeamGroup memory.

So I am sure some of these orders are forum members, so come on post up pictures of your purchases whether its just the boxes or the actual rigs you have built from taking advantage of our Black Friday & Cyber Week deals. :)

As we've being promoting Coffee Lake and Ryzen very hard, lets limit it too just those who have purchased Ryzen/Ripper and Coffee Lake since last Monday.

Show of your rig! :)

Soldato
I've been changing my rig constantly over the past year since you gave me a deal on the 8Pack Lian-Li last year mate... I might see if I can dig out the pics of the evolution over the year of OCUK orders from Black Friday 16 to 17 :D. This year I already had my 8700k etc just before BF so I only impulse bought a 1080Ti. I wanted a massive discount on the Phanteks 'Crazy Money' case but it remains cray cray.

OcUK Staff
OP
I've been changing my rig constantly over the past year since you gave me a deal on the 8Pack Lian-Li last year mate... I might see if I can dig out the pics of the evolution over the year of OCUK orders from Black Friday 16 to 17 :D. This year I already had my 8700k etc just before BF so I only impulse bought a 1080Ti. I wanted a massive discount on the Phanteks 'Crazy Money' case but it remains cray cray.

We need pics! :D

Soldato
Been a member of OcUK For a while now and visit the forums most days. The sub forums are always full of useful info and people eager to help out which is probably why it's still the only forum I registered to and use regularly.

Always like to use OcUk first when I can to buy bits and the free shipping is appreciated.

I've spent so much money this month I could cry but who needs carpets and curtains.......that's what I keep telling my wife!

h9Fp4y6.jpg

Soldato
We need pics! :D

*Sorry its long, spent too much money here...* (feel free to spoiler images if you want)

So 'Project Smurf' my first proper WC build started life like this back in 2016, it was a 6700k and a GTX 970 which quickly became a water cooled 980Ti (amazing card). The case was an NZXT Noctua in shiny crap white black white I promptly modded by first matt carbon wrapping it entirely only pic I can find here part done:
RqZUKxi.jpg
Then filled it with some hardline goodies (first WC effort) after modding the case a bit it had 2 x 360 EK slims in it which let me tell you is a cozy fit for the case size:
O7IInvy.jpg

Decided I didnt rate the wrap and wanted some colour so off it came and I matt painted the case, It looked really quite nice and its still sat next to me if anyone should be interested in giving it a new life let me know.

9hec0Sa.jpg

VfcUXKq.jpg

Next I threw some money at a pair of EVGA 1080 FTWs just before Brexit, yes I was that B$%tard that had two of them when you couldn't get 1 for ages :)...

HXjqA7q.jpg

Moving on to October... I decided you know what I want to be BIGGER. I dont know why but this happened:

GcUPvHz.jpg

Hex Gear R80. Single biggest waste of time i've ever experience, single WORST service I've ever received with it being faulty (incorrect PCI bracket height making it impossible to fit a GPU). So that went back (after weeks of work fitting and wiring), 6 weeks for a refund... Avoid at all costs.

After sending it back I put this BEAUTY together to tide me over, named the R80000 aka 'Redneck Build':
BEYKeZ9.jpg

I'd guess not many people would make a hardline build drunk literally screwing wood to the frame of the case and mounting the res outside... Then put two 1080s in it and crack on :D. It was ridiculous but for that reason one of my favourite builds so far.

Long story short after much messing about, I sold Gibbo a sob story about how sad and incomplete my life was and how I needed a discount... Black Friday happened and this arrived along with a noble chair and more kit:

dqMva3t.jpg

Thanks @Gibbo for the chunky discount, I think I promised to fill it with lots of OCUK goodies (can't find the quote!) and I reckon i've come good on my word...

Phase one, decide current motherboard wasn't going to go with monster case. Clean white:

XMjDOJn.jpg

Was modded to stealth black, also copped the 950 M.2 on Black Friday (fell in the basket):

urL61iA.jpg

Someone here still owns this board and the 6700k I believe, hope its still looking this good! Decided also 'why not try a copper build', needed so many more rads and kit to fill the case to after I dont even know how much work the first round consisted of:

6700k, 2 x 1080 (EVGA FTW), Corsair HX1200i, 4 x SSDs, 1 x 480mm+360mm rads, 2 x 240mm rads (all Black Ice in white), 16mm copper, some plumbing stuff, god knows how much wire and XSPC sleeve which I learnt to use and created complete custom cables, and Aquaero 6XT, modded EX Spin bay res, 17 x Corsair HD120 RGB - yes 17... 2 x EK D5, about 20 Monsoon EV2 fittings, Custom stuff, custom stuff... End result:

lrwo3La.jpg
5mylU98.jpg
hLktOvq.jpg

I also made that desk because this case is SO big... Its made from scaffold and Ikea chopping boards. No joke, here it is with my Noble chair also from Black Friday:
jOD89tG.jpg
rOGY6G9.jpg

Decided the 8Pack windowed side was not showing off my work enough so had a tempered glass panel cut to size:

w2AlY8x.jpg
Tw6DBwn.jpg

Then after all that I got tempted by another OCUK offer... The 1800x early this year. Thanks AGAIN for the deal on that haha! Swapped in the 6700k for and 1800x and Asus CH6:

IhrlUYP.jpg

Then soon after the monoblock came out... Again nice price OCUK. The build really shines with this in it, even if I do say so myself:

qhteiA5.jpg
f2IKmDA.jpg

Then Intel. Oh Intel, you've gone and released the 8700k and its NOT *****. So that was just before Black Friday, also snagged an Asus Apex (not from OCUK :O I found it ahead of release so couldnt wait). Here she is in a 'transition stage' with the 8700k (delidded, runs 5,3 its so nice) and the Apex with monoblock... I also replaced the memory with 2x8GB 8Pack 4,133 dimms and at some point I got another M.2 but I literally forget when.

1 GPU for now... Volta will be replacing because i've held off the Titan and 1080Ti despite @Kaapstad being a temptress.
MhnQuHO.jpg

Or have I... No I bought a 1080Ti on Black Friday. Blocked it, its now in :D. The snag was I ran out of 16mm Copper so thats arrived today to replace the temp PTEG - Funny thing was after so long doing my copper joints I was SO BAD at the PTEG bends lol.

So this is it as of this picture right now while typing I've not ordered anything else (yet)... A year and maybe a half later and that's my order.

eUMZT0T.jpg

I'm sure there are hundreds of things along the way, i'm not happy with the current state of the build so will tidy it up when I drain for the proper copper tube next week. Next year I hope early on I can throw some money at Volta.

So @Gibbo If you read this far... Did I fill it with enough stuff?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Very impressive rig indeed and yeah I think you've done an OK job at filling it, but I do see a spare slot for another graphics card. :p

Soldato
Very impressive rig indeed and yeah I think you've done an OK job at filling it, but I do see a spare slot for another graphics card. :p

Yeah so send me another one and i'll fill it :p

Or i'm waiting for next year to grab me a few new Nvidia toys...

Associate
@Smffy Very nice build. I'm curious what temps you're getting on full load with a de-lid and that much rad on for the 8700k?!

Obviously you've got a gpu in the loop but I bet your temps are amazing, I often see people run just a single triple rad for one gpu and cpu lol, you've gone all out though.

Also wondering how many volts you need for 5.3Ghz.

Soldato
@Smffy Very nice build. I'm curious what temps you're getting on full load with a de-lid and that much rad on for the 8700k?!

Obviously you've got a gpu in the loop but I bet your temps are amazing, I often see people run just a single triple rad for one gpu and cpu lol, you've gone all out though.

Also wondering how many volts you need for 5.3Ghz.

Indeed, if things aren’t pushed to the absolute limit temps are crazy good. Even with SLI GPUs over clocked really low, the two 1080s would run at 100% load and sit at 35c unless total max clocked, CPU at 5.3 in the region of 65 under testing, generally not more than low 50s usually less in real world use gaming etc at 5.1 24/7 clock.

Voltage is quite good really, 1.35v generally just at 1.3v/5.1ghz as it’s perfectly fine.

The setup is way over the top but it was a good learning experience really.

Associate
I've been threatening to upgrade my PC for a while..
Gr1UR9s.jpg

EAQJ3EY.jpg

I've got an AIO water cooler on the way as well but I wont get it for a week :(

Associate
See below sorted
a>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom